In the last twelve months we have establish our UK offering for CMS and content platform development. As we have done this we have also connected with our European consulting and delivery practices. Within this structure we are looking for people to join the project leadership team in the UK. You will be joining a group who passionately create premium customer and business user experiences. We want people who can help build relationships with clients, shape solutions, drive quality and enjoy like a Merkle. If you want to be part of something exciting, then be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get involved.
We are looking for a Senior CMS Consultant to join the Digital Experience team. You will work side by side with the User Experience design team, technical architects and development teams. Your role will be to drive the successful shaping and translation of objectives and requirements into recommended solutions. As such you will often work across the project lifecycle; from early workshops, to functional documentation, within design and build scum teams to supporting client onboarding and training.
We are platinum partners with a number of leading software vendors. Much of our work is on Adobe Experience Manager and Sitecore. However, we also use emerging technologies across front-end frameworks to headless content management systems. This role requires a solid knowledge of web content management systems, how business users operate them and the considerations which go into creating websites.
The team connect with multiple other practices across Merkle, possibly more than any other part of Merkle. When building new digital experiences, we often integrate with marketing campaign tools, analytics platforms, testing and optimisation tools, customer data repositories, paid media and SEO. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working across functions in a collaborative way and can demonstrate this in their character and / or experience. Understanding some of these other capabilities and the considerations for CMS and site implementations is highly beneficial.
Life as a Senior CMS Consultant at Merkle
- Work across a diverse range of projects, clients and industries
- Lead the process of requirement shaping and documentation
- Deliver across the full Customer Experience lifecycle, from strategy to implementation
- Regularly work with people and clients from across Europe and also globally
- Grow your experience on industry leading digital marketing technology
- Participate in multi-stream projects with dynamic teams
- Help us shape how we improve the way we do things as a team and individuals
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- In-house games room with pool table etc
- In-house HD cinema with movie nights
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 7 years experience on one or more well-known CMS platforms. Sitecore or Adobe Experience Manager would be beneficial
- Exposure to managing a team before would be beneficial
- A track record in shaping and leading discussions on solving problems and translating need into an implementable solution or product
- Be an excellent communicator who is happy to engage with clients and teams in other countries
- Someone who can demonstrate a passion for digital experience and digital technology
- Experience of multi-role project teams
- Ability to take a leadership role where necessary
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.