Our perfect candidate is a kind and friendly person, reliable, compassionate with excellent communication skills. Our "Live-in CAREGiver" is based in a person's home, however the support provided is a whole team effort. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn, contribute to the team, and can work under pressure when needed and will enjoy the rewards and responsibility.
As a Live-in Caregiver, providing the highest quality care. the primary responsibilities include
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client's quality of life
- Maintaining a professional and friendly relationship with our client, their family, friends and others involved with their health and well-being
- Personal Care – washing, dressing, grooming, continence care.
- Companionship – conversation and good company - assist with writing letters enjoying a chat
- Activities – accompanying to outings and social events, and encourage hobbies and pastimes
- Plan, prepare and cook nutritious food - rediscovering favourite family recipes
- Medication – collecting prescriptions, medication reminders
- Home help such as light housekeeping – ensuring their home is safe, tidy and spotless
- Shopping, run errands and accompanying to appointments
- Recruitment Assessment Programme - no charge
- Award winning on-going training,
- On-Call support 24/7 from Key Players .
- Salary £ 120 per day + holiday + pension
- Access to free EAP (Employee Assistance Programme).
- Employee Discounts at various stores.
- Refer-A-Friend Scheme, up to £500 per referral.
As a "Live-In" CAREGiver, you will be provided with 3 meals a day or an allowance from the client, a separate room to stay in and access to a TV and WiFi.
We are looking for someone with experience of working in a care setting, maybe personal experience of caring for a family member. You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on being friendly and professional and your references will show that you are reliable, trustworthy and respectful.
You will be over 18 - being a car driver is advantageous as many of our clients live in a rural location.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding, and you are social, enjoying spending time with other people with the flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you!
Have a look at what our CAREGivers say about working at Home Instead (video below) .
Please contact us on 01858 540317 ask for Lauren or Bev
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.