We are looking for a Project Manager to support our Taas (Truck as a Service Team) division, based in London, UK.
We're working to solve some of the most challenging environmental problems in city centre, last-mile logistics, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from your very first day.
We want to revolutionise city centre logistics in order to make urban environments better places to live and work. We're creating the world's safest commercial vehicles by re-imagining conventional truck design principles, thanks to our full-electric drivetrain, and thus protecting vulnerable road users.
Our electric powertrain also eliminates harmful tailpipe emissions, removing harmful pollutants that contribute to climate change.
A crucial part of our journey is building a team of outstanding employees who share our vision for the future and our values of safety and sustainability.
Our innovative Truck as a Service solution revolutionises the ownership, financing and servicing of commercial vehicle fleets.
TaaS offers a frictionless and hassle-free way to migrate fleets of all sizes to electric, maximising their uptime and operational efficiency.
For a single monthly fee, customers will have access to the vehicle, charging infrastructure, and all of its servicing, maintenance, insurance and training requirements.
You'll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors that all believe in the future we are creating. We have ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our team and activity at an exciting pace.
We are a people-led company focused around creating an exceptional business, and all employees have a high level of autonomy and a platform to make a real impact
Overall Objective :
Partner with TaaS leadership team in ensuring all initiatives are aligned and coordinated to achieve a successful launch and ongoing operations.
Role goes beyond traditional project management (e.g., tracking and monitoring); requires hands-on, strategic and analytic orientation to identify gaps and alignment issues, and facilitate solving those issues.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Project Management. Maintain overall view on all key TaaS workstreams their scope, objectives, milestones and key interfaces.
Drive common understanding of on-track / off-track and deeper understanding of actions required to achieve deadlines.
2. Business Analysis. Support individual workstreams in financial modeling, budgeting, and decision-making.
3. Process Analysis. Support workstreams in defining and documenting key operational processes. Where needed, develop lean policies and procedures to enable rapid roll-out and scaling.
4. Communications. Structure and prepare internal and external communications that summarize TaaS strategy, status, and points to focus on.
5. Ideation. Organize and lead workshops to facilitate productive ideation.
Required skills :
1. Strategic orientation. Strong ability to translate overall Volta and TaaS vision and objectives into specific plans. Able to identify and prioritize critical issues, and structure approach for resolution.
2. Team Leadership and Facilitation. Can adapt leadership style to the needs of the situation. Excellent listening and facilitation skills to support team performance.
3. Communication. Clear and simple oral and written communications. Gets to the point quickly and nicely.
4. Technical Strong mastery of excel and Powerpoint. Familiarity with and ability to leverage other applications that enable scaling an organization.
Reports to :
Chief Fleet Solutions Officer. Functional relationship with Chief Strategy Officer.
A typical Volta Trucks person :
What working here will be like :