Click here to find out more from our Customer Advisor
Customer Service Advisor Essential Banking
Working pattern : 35 hours per week, covering various shifts between Monday to Saturday
Salary starting from £16,500 per annum plus Excellent Benefits
This is a Customer Service Advisor role with a difference. Within Barclays, we call this position an Essential Banker, as it’s about more than serving customers.
It’s about really understanding our communities and helping people with their everyday banking needs.
These customers want to talk to Advisors who genuinely understand their lives and finances. That’s why our kind of people are people like our customers.
People like you, who want to help others move forward in their lives.
If you have natural empathy and a genuinely helpful personality, this could be the perfect job for you whether you already have banking experience or if you’re new to our sector.
About us :
Everything we do at Barclays starts and ends with helping people move forward in their lives. From helping them move forward in the digital age through Digital Eagles, to getting them started in their first home with one of our mortgages.
Whatever the future holds, we want to be there for our customers every step of the way. In a constantly changing, more complex and closely connected world, we’re working together to help our customers tackle the challenges of today and prepare for the future.
We believe in listening to and really understanding our customers so that we can give them the best possible help.
If you’re looking for a career full of excitement, challenge, purpose and opportunity, we should be your first choice.
As Customer Service Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve :
As a Customer Service Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include :
When you start, you will be taken through the London Institute of Banking & Finance (LiBF) endorsed induction training programme allowing you to be fully prepared for your new role as a Customer Service Advisor at Barclays.
The Benefits :
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Our Culture :
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees.
Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process :
1. Application : On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience.
You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment : We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email.
Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review : We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview : If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome : We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.