Role Summary / Purpose
Join the industrial controller design team and utilize your software skills to develop real-time embedded software used in GE Power Conversion’s Automation Controller product lines.
Qualifications / Requirements
1. BSc / BEng in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field of study
2. Three or more years of experience in real time, embedded software development
3. Demonstrated experience with C or C++ in a real time embedded environment like VxWorks, Linux, QNX or similar real-time operating system.
4. Practical experience with software development tools needed to perform programming and debug of real time software modules.
5. Experience with computer networks, Ethernet, LANs, TCP / IP and other protocols.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills
7. Growth capabilities for more responsible software development positions
1. Demonstrated experience with Intel x86 or Freescale architecture microprocessors
2. Demonstrated experience with Ethernet and network communication protocols
3. Knowledge of IEC 62443 cyber security standard for industrial and automation control systems