The function of Programme Control is to perform the role of custodian for the information used to manage programmes. This involves ensuring that information used in decision making reflects the most up to date situation.
All information used, both internally and externally, to declare the status of the programme must be based on auditable data created by a responsible individual charged with the execution of activity on the programme
The Programme Controller is responsible for ensuring the information taken from the deployed ABB Programme Management Tool Set always reflects the most up to date status of the Programmes they are responsible for supporting.
The key tasks associated with achieving this responsibility will include but are not limited to the following :
1. The creation of the initial Programme Plan that will include all deliverable Milestones, Internal Milestones and any other feature that will require to be delivered by the Programme.
This activity is undertaken in support of the Programme Manager nominated to execute the Programme.
2. Establish an agreed Plan and baseline in accordance with ABB PGGI-SI procedures and working practices that becomes the Original Baseline Schedule that forms the basis for controlling the implementation of the Programme.
3. Generate, maintain and monitor the progress of Work Packages released to support Programme execution.
4. Maintenance of the Schedule in accordance with the PGGI-SI procedures and working practices. This will involve direct liaison with Work Package Leaders / Managers to update the programme schedule for work completed and gathering data to support the construction of estimates to complete, ETC’s.
5. Establish the schedule impact of work complete / not complete against programme milestones & make recommendations to help recover programme slip.
Initiate decision-making to maintain or improve position for updated schedules.
6. Update budgetary information held within the schedule with actual and analyse cost variation(s). Initiate decision-making to maintain or improve position for updated financial ETC’s.
7. Update resource information held within the schedule with actual and analyse resource application variation(s). Initiate decision-
making to maintain or improve position for updated Resource Profiles.
8. Providing robust representation of the Programme Control skills and contribution that assists the Programme Manager to build team confidence, competence and talent within the Programme Team(s).
9. Provide the nominated Programme Manager and their Team with guidance in the preparation & maintenance of the WBS.
10. Provide expert support to the nominated Programme Manager and their Team for Earned Value Reporting processes.
11. Provide expert support to the nominated Programme Manager and their Team for Earned Value Management processes and its application to managing programme execution activity.
12. Administer and maintain the Programme Risk and Opportunity Registers through the Monthly Schedule Update Process or by adhoc reviews and inputs.
13. Provide expert support to the nominated Programme Manager and their Team on Risk and Opportunity modelling and evaluation in order to research the impacts and evaluate mitigation and recovery strategies and tactics.
14. Validate that the derived Resource Profiles accrued during the Monthly Schedule Update Process and ensure the validated data is available to support the S&OP cycle.
15. Provide assistance to the nominated Programme Manager and their Team for the extraction of data from the deployed ABB Programme Management Tool Set for reporting or analysis purposes.
16. Develop any adhoc plans for the nominated Programme Manager(s) and their Team to assist them to resolve challenges the programme faces.
17. Provide other requested support to the nominated Programme Manager(s) and their Team that can be provided by the individual that does not prejudice the achievement of the Key Activities identified above.
Skills and Experience required :
reports suitable for distribution to senior management, without the need for significant additional re-work.
Qualifications required :