QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description / Person specification
Role Purpose :
1. The Quality Manager Aviation & Governance is the Quality Form 4 Holder / Quality Nominee / Compliance Monitoring Manager for QinetiQ’s Aviation Regulatory Approvals.
2. They are accountable for management and leadership of Aviation Quality across QinetiQ, and management of the quality assurance team in the Aviation domain.
This includes management and strategy setting for the team and defining the resources and team reporting lines required.
3. They are accountable for ensuring that QinetiQ maintains the technical elements of the relevant Aviation regulatory approvals and standards QinetiQ holds.
4. As a pan-business role, he is responsible for scheduling and coordinating activities across all sites and elements of the business relevant to the Aviation domain, and development and maintenance of the capabilities of the team.
Key Accountabilities :
1. Form 4 Holder / Quality Nominee / Compliance Monitoring Manager for QinetiQ’s Aviation Regulatory Approvals
2. Understanding and ensuring a clearly documented means to demonstrate QinetiQ’s ability to comply with relevant standards and regulations in the Aviation domain;
3. Creation and maintenance of relevant policies and procedures for Aviation elements of Quality Assurance pan-QinetiQ, which are fit for purpose and in accordance with external standards;
4. Providing assurance that QinetiQ is legally compliant and effectively manages its technical risks in the Aviation domain, working with relevant management roles to continuously improve QinetiQ’s performance in this area;
5. Providing governance activities (including investigations if required) to confirm that all relevant areas of QinetiQ are correctly and consistently reporting their adherence to standards and procedures;
6. Assuring that all elements of the business operating within the Aviation domain adhere to these policies and processes, through on-time delivery of a schedule of internal audits, agreed with key stakeholders;
7. Ensuring that QinetiQ is set-up for success in external audits within the Aviation domain, including appropriate planning, support and resolution of non-conformities;
8. Provision of timely and accurate information on assurance aspects, such as but not limited to : audit status, corrective action status and trends, including relevant metrics and measures, relevant to the Aviation domain;
9. Provision of Quality Assurance advice and guidance relevant to the Aviation domain to IDT / ICT leads, and Heads of Discipline.
10. Line management and development of the Aviation Quality team;
11. Leading relevant continuous improvement in the Quality function, and contributing to continuous improvement activities within the Technical Excellence function.
Key Capabilities / Knowledge :
A detailed understanding of Aviation Quality Management, Compliance Monitoring, external standards, and internal auditing;
An excellent understanding of aviation regulations and standards, and how to practically apply regulations to ensure efficient and effective compliance and safety;
A thorough understanding of the conduct of internal and external audits for the range of external standards that need to be maintained.
Experience & Qualifications :
Suitable experience and qualifications to hold key Quality roles in the Aviation domain, particular in Civil Flight Operations and ideally additional experience in EASA Pt21 J & G organisations and / or Military DAOS and MAOS.
Able to demonstrate strong experience of functional leadership, inspiring and managing quality performance across a diverse and complex organisation;
A proven ability to collaborate positively both internally or a business and eternally (with customers, regulators and partners) to deliver exceptional performance;
Able to demonstrate an ability and track record in creating and developing a high performing team;
Effective and influential communicator at multiple levels, able to engage with detail or summarise as required by the recipient;
Experience and / or formal qualifications in Continuous Improvement are desirable.