Lead Analyst, Data Science
As a Barclays Data Science Lead Analyst, you will take a lead to develop advanced data science capability for Barclaycard.
You will need to apply machine learning modelling techniques for outcomes on customer insights, marketing effectiveness, risk management and product development.
This is an exciting opportunity for you and your team to develop new growth opportunities by analysing patterns in vast collections of existing & new data sources, generate models that shape and inform key strategic and business decisions and inspire stakeholders with algorithmic solutions of complex business problems.
About us :
This role is part of the Strategic Analytics team that shapes UK Credit Cards strategy using data analytics as the key competitive tool.
With a portfolio of 10m customers & £16 bn in assets, Data driven intelligence is absolutely integral to our future growth strategy.
We collect millions of data records every day from customer’s credit card transactions, account management, servicing interactions through website or call center, credit reference agencies & banking relationship data.
As a Data Science Lead Analyst, your main responsibilities will involve :
As a Data Science Lead Analyst, your skills and qualifications will include :
The Benefits :
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Our Culture :
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees.
Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process :
1. Application : On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience.
You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment : We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email.
Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review : We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview : If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome : We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.