We are currently looking for a Head of Early Years in Tianjin, China.
This international kindergarten is under a very famous international school which aims to provide world-class educational opportunities to children with foreign passport.
We are currently looking for a Head of Early Years to join our Tianjin Campus.
Head of Early Years role is :
1. To provide clear strategic direction and leadership to the kindergarten;
2. To ensure the school curriculum is of an excellent quality through regular review andevaluation;
3. To monitor the quality of teaching and learning, ensuring the highest standards are in place forall year groups and classes;
4. To lead the staff team to support the physical, emotional and social development of everychild in the kindergarten;
5. To ensure an orderly, stimulating and motivational culture with a strong sense of schoolcommunity;
6. To ensure the provision of first-class learning through the leadership of the school’s performancemanagement process and resources.
Ensure high-quality, relevant CPD is available to staff inthe kindergarten;
7. To deploy staff and manpower throughout the kindergarten, including the allocation of cover wherenecessary;
8. To report to the Master on all issues relating to the management and organization of the kindergarten;
9. To market the school through the building of strong links with the Tianjin community;
10. To establish a strong understanding of the education group, its ethos and traditions.
The key responsibilities are :
1. Leadership :
Work with the Master, the SLT and middle leaders to create and implement the strategicplan which identifies priorities and targets for ensuring that student achieve high standards and make progress, increasing teacher’s effectiveness and securing school improvement;
Support the Master in the management and direction of the whole education group as a whole;
Lead and support middle leaders and staff in the process of whole school and subject self-review;
To mentor middle leaders and specific subject leaders;
Work with the Master to develop a strategic view for the school in its community and analyse and plan for its future needs and further development within the local, national and international context;
Take responsibility for improving children’s eagerness to learn and mitigating the problems they face;
Setting an exemplary tone for the school community (Pupils, parents and staff) and modelling the school’s values and ethos;
Assist the Director of Admissions in the introduction / viewing of the school by prospective parents, including the provision of open days and other parental engagement with the kindergarten.
Ensure parental communications are regular, timely and accurate. Provide parents with advice and guidance on the best educational environment and resources for young children;
Provide the Master with accurate, up-to-date data on the performance of pupils and staff inthe kindergarten;
Control budgets and finances within the kindergarten and offer direction and support to middle leaders, aswhen aspects of financial responsibility are delegated to them;
2. Educational Attainment and Delivery
Create a culture and environment in which young children thrive and thus drive up educationalstandards and improving outcomes for all;
Ensure that a modern, 21st century bilingual curriculum is delivered through effective learning;
Embed strong assessment practices which are moderated and reviewed regularly;
Drive innovation in learning, ensuring that the school is able to respond to a changing external environment and that the skills, understanding and aspiration of the pupils are in line with the school’s overall aims and vision;
Ensure that a premium-quality educational experience is available for all pupils who attend the kindergarten.
3. Teaching and Learning
Establish and maintain an environment and a code of behaviour which promotes and secures goodteaching, effective learning, and high standards of achievement, good behaviour and discipline;
Provide effective links with the community to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching andlearning;
Maintain an effective partnership with parents to support and improve pupil achievement andpersonal development;
Ensure that professional development opportunities for all staff are linked to individual and schoolneeds through performance management and the school development plan;
Keep an accurate record of staff absence and communicate this to the relevant administrativedepartments.
Work in partnership with parents to raise educational standards, promoting lifelong learning, andimproving outcomes for all;
Foster and support the development of the reputation of the school and the education group at all times.
5. Resources and Performance Management
Deliver effective operational management for the school within the school budget and inaccordance with financial probity;
Implement a performance management framework for the delivery of high-quality servicesthrough high quality people performance;
Work towards, and report on, targets for achievement and operation of the school, as well asindividual targets as agreed by the Master;
Set high standards and expectations for personal, pupil, staff and parent conduct at all times;
Support the Master and SLT in recruiting, managing, developing and motivating a committed, effective and diverse workforce that has a clear understanding of the vision of the school and where individuals have individual role clarity enabling and promoting high quality learning;
Developing strategic approaches to support and monitor positive transformational change across all aspects of school life;
Ensuring the organisational structure and ways of working support effective education and learning;
Acting in accordance with legislation affecting the conduct of the school, particularly that governing health and safety matters and employment rights.
Education : Honours Degree, PGCE / QTS; Master’s degree preferred
Language : English
Working Experience : A minimum of 10 years working experience ineducation required
Management Experience : A minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading a school atsenior level and large financial budgets
Expertise : Knowledge of UK education system, understanding of international independent education
Preferred Qualification :
1. Globally mindedSkill with words : Highly fluent and personable communicator; articulate; persuasive
2. Personable : Build and develop relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
3. Intellectual : Commercial and educational judgement combined with strong intellect andanalytical ability
4. Practical / constructional : A cando’approach / pragmatic
5. Community-orientated : Appreciation and commitment to collegiate life, values and aims of the school and education group
6. Skill with numbers : Financially astute
Monthly salary based on experience and qualification : RMB44000 53000
Accommodation allowance : School will help to seek apartment based on personal requirement
Inbound & Outbound Flight (overseas recruitment)
International Medical Insurance
Tuition fee free
Excellent opportunities for Professional Development