This role is for an IT Systems Administrator to provide technical support to our busy office of over 50 staff.
1. Have 2-5 years prior experience in an IT support environment
2. Be proficient in the maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure
3. Have a good working knowledge of database applications
4. Be able to maintain and monitor IT hardware
5. Be a good communicator with strong inter-personal skills
Competence in computer programming would be useful but is not essential.
The duties of the IT Systems Administrator would typically involve the following :
1. Maintain and troubleshoot all office workstations which are stand alone PC workstations utilising off the shelf programs.
Running routine servicing and maintenance on all client machines.
2. Troubleshooting software and hardware problems and installing updates as appropriate.
3. Monitoring and troubleshooting the network, setting up and closing user accounts and running monthly checks.
4. Maintaining the servers including ensuring the hardware is functioning properly; checking error logs; setting up and closing down user accounts and general server administration.
5. Maintaining and updating the external website and the internal intranet.
6. Overseeing disaster and data recovery procedures periodically in conjunction with relevant IT consultants
7. Liaise with and formally report to the Computer Committee on a monthly basis
Previous experience in accountancy / CSP environment would be an advantage but is not essential.