Purpose of the Job
The Onboarding Management Team (OMT) is a key team within the Operations Department. This is the first experience a client has of the Bank after the sale process with their Client Advisor so it is vital that we provide an efficient service and positive experience whilst complying with regulations and procedures.
The key activity is to onboard new clients to the business, undertaking a series of , sometimes complex, checks on the client and all linked parties, to comply with our anti money policy, verifying and validating the documentation and ensuring the clients’ situation is corroborated by the information provided.
We offer a range of products for individual clients, GIA, ISA, AIM & SIPPs, as well as Corporate, Trust, SSAS’s, Offshore Bonds & Court of Protection.
You will ensure that the client is compliant in respect of FATCA & CRS and for entities you will obtain the Legal Entity Identifier by using external systems.
You will liaise with our Front Office teams along the journey to onboard the client. For higher risk clients, you will prepare cases to be submitted to our Anti Money Laundering team to complete enhanced due diligence.
Over time you will learn how to support and guide our Front Office teams for more complex clients, seeking advice from other departments across the business, to provide a streamlined and efficient onboarding experience for the client.
Once our client review is completed, you create the client account number, updating a number of different applications within our platform.
As an example the management fees application, benchmarking & notification admin.
As well as onboarding new clients, you will undertake reviews on existing clients where roles change, for example adding a Power of Attorney, as well as changes to entities, i.
e. adding and removal of a Trustee, Director, Signatory.
1. Onboarding of all clients in accordance with our Anti-Money Laundering procedures
2. To be responsible for collecting and updating accurate information in respect of FATCA, CRS & LEI’s for reporting purposes when onboarding a client or dealing with an AML update.
3. Ensure that all reasonable requests received from internal clients are carried out in a complete, accurate and timely manner and that internal clients are kept informed of work progress and status where necessary.
4. Ensure that the anti-money laundering procedures are read & fully adhered to and that you know who the MLRO & Deputy MLRO are for reporting suspicious activities.
5. Keep up to date with legislative, regulatory and Inland Revenue practices (where applicable) affecting Client Servicing procedures including the acceptance of new clients.
6. Develop own professional expertise through on the job training, formal training and, where appropriate, professional qualifications.
7. Undertake checking of work, training and support of less experienced staff within team.
8. Assist management in maintaining and developing internal procedures, checklists and guidance notes.
9. Carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required.
Attributes and Qualities
Eager to develop knowledge and skills
A self-starter who is prepared to drive their own development
Strong communication skills
A positive attitude
Ability to make decisions based on facts & knowledge
Attention to detail
Experience in training and checking others work
Experience in implementing process improvements
Good understanding of AML requirements for onboarding clients minimum of 2 years’ experience
Understanding of the requirements to ensure we are compliant with FATCA & CRS regulations
Good command of the English language both written and oral