Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs.
Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019.
Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts.
Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
This role is an exceptional opportunity to shape Prime Video's Live Sports proposition in Europe.
You will be responsible for planning live sports launches and ensuring excellent delivery to our customers. You will be working with teams across the business, including Live Production, Product & Technical teams, Marketing, Social and PR, as well as external production partners, rights holders and talent.
The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with excellent attention to detail, hands-on attitude and drive to innovate and challenge the status quo.
S / he should have an ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ideally s / he has experience in developing new products or services or in program management.
S / he must have clear and concise written and verbal communication, ability to manage a range of diverse stakeholders and think outside of his / her direct scope.
Key responsibilities :
1. Define our approach to a range of live sports properties, working backwards from the customers in the EU and the way they want to enjoy live sports.
2. Act as a live sport champion among internal stakeholders, building robust processes for planning, launch and performance assessment for high-
frequency live sporting events.
3. Conduct research into customer interest, perception and engagement, helping to improve live sports strategy and implementation.
4. Drive integration with the wider Amazon business (eg Devices, Alexa) to deliver a comprehensive live sports experience.
5. Liaise with external partners, rights holders and talent.
Key requirements :
1. Great judgement and ability to deal with ambiguity, defining, developing and launching new products / propositions
2. Hands-on, 'no task is beneath me' attitude, confidence in delivering not only planning but great execution.
3. Obsessed with the customer viewing experience and production quality, great attention to detail
4. Experience in working across multiple diverse stakeholders and earning trust at all levels.
5. Great written and verbal communication skills
6. Proactive, self-starter, with drive to innovate and think about what is around the corner
7. Ability to think strategically and methodically for mid / longer term planning and justifying investments
8. Ability to build processes and deliver against hard deadlines
Preferred requirements :
1. Previous experience in program management
2. Live broadcasting / production experience, especially in sports
3. Experience in Sport or Video Content industry
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership.
Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check.
This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check.
Further details of this policy / procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.