The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage serviceis an internet-scale, high-performance storage platform that offers reliableand cost-efficient data durability. We enable our customers to store an unlimitedamount of unstructured data of any content type, including analytic data andrich content, like images and videos. Our customers can safely and securelystore or retrieve data directly from the internet or from within the cloudplatform. The elasticity of the platform lets you start small and scaleseamlessly, without experiencing any degradation in performance or servicereliability.
We are currently looking for software developmentengineers to lead innovation and help us build the next generation of highlyscalable systems. Cloud computing represents a fundamental shift in howbusinesses think about managing their information needs. While Object Storagehas seen large growth over the past five years, we are still in the earlystages of realizing its full potential. We seek smart, passionate and visionarypeople to help us define this exciting new technology.RESPONSIBILITIES
· Designing, developing, testing and deployingglobally distributed multi-tier services that delight our customers.
· Monitoring and troubleshooting performance problems,networking, OS resources.
· Interacting with key team stakeholders acrossOracle.
· Improving our software development tools andpractices to maximize team potential.· Having fun as a member of our great team culture. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relatedfield.· 2+ years of experience in software development.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programminglanguage.
· Experience building scalable systems withservice-oriented architectures.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· A deep understanding of software engineeringpractices, object-oriented analysis &, patterns and algorithms.
· Experience with telemetry, optimization, and/ormachine learning.
· Demonstrated strong technical judgment inconjunction with passionate customer-focus.· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. · Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. · Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus. · Passion for software innovation.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 5+ years experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).