To work under the direction of the Nurse in Charge and as a member of the nursing team maintaining a high standard of nursing care.
principal responsibilities :
1. to assist with personal hygiene of the residents by washing, bathing, hair and nail care and care of teeth or dentures.
2. to assist in bedmaking, and the moving and re-positioning of the residents accoring to their planned care.
3. to record and report anything unusual. to collect specimens as required. to measure urinary output, fliud and dietary intake and keep all paperwork accurate in a timely manner.
4. to assist with dietry intake for those residents that cannot manage on their own.
5. to assist with rehabillitation and mobilisation of residents.
6. to maintain a high standard of hygiene practice to prevent cross infection.
7. to maintain confidentiality at all times.
8. to treat residents, relatives and visiting professionals with courtesy and tact.
9. to undertake cleaning of equipment as and when necessary.
10. to respect the dignity of the residents at all times.
11. to attend all training sessions when scheduled to do so.
12. to perform other duties as appropriate to the needs of a small nursing home, this includes : laundry duties, preperation of food trolleys, drinks trolley etc.
full job dscription available at interview.