Plans and implements specific treatment programs for patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy and in collaboration with the health care team.
5 years experience in acute inpatient rehabilitation- Professional memberships encouraged and development of career goals required.
Ability to deliver patient care in a manner that is appropriate to the demographics and / or specific needs of the patient population served by the hospital.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in assessing, responding and adapting treatment of care to meet the needs of the patient population served by the hospital.
3. Ability to exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and / or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
4. Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion and respect and good communications in relating to patients, families, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
5. Ability to establish a cooperative, collaborative working environment.6. Ability to accept constructive feedback and initiate appropriate actions to correct situations.
7. Ability to provide a calm, supportive and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.8. Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or stress.
9. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.10. Must be knowledgeable of the AOTA Code of Ethics and the state licensure law and practice act.
11. Ability to travel to off-site programs, conferences, facilities.