Oracle’s Platform Migration Group (PMG) delivers transformational approaches toour clients to free them from legacy, outdated and risky technologies to Oracleusing innovation and automation to drive down migration risk, increase agilityand lower the cost of migration. PMG brings a deep understanding ofmigration design patterns and best practices to deliver value to the businessand technology leaders at our clients.
As a Migration Director, you will be responsible as the subject matter expertfor delivering transformation roadmaps to prospective clients and customers todrive new business for Oracle. You will be working closely with theOracle field to develop and position Oracle’s migration solutions to drive large scale ransformations to our database and cloud technology.
Ideal Candidates will be seasoned senior level professionals who not onlypossess deep experience with IT transformation and data migrations but alsosignificant experience in cloud computing. This candidate should posses astrong understanding and have practical on-hands experience in planningand delivering migration projects from traditional and legacy on-premisedeployment models to agile architectures.
• Toeffectively Interact and influence key roles at customer – including CxO, ITArchitects, and senior technical staff
•Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle migration presentations and thoughtleadership. Leads migration process with client and in support of the Oraclefield.
• Todemonstrate the credibility of Oracle's Cloud (IaaS/PaaS) Technology Solutionsat all levels, but with a particular focus on key decision makers at thecustomers' organization
• Toposition Oracle’s Cloud Solutions and Database at the heart of the enterprisetIT transformations,
• Towork directly with the Oracle sales teams on specific opportunities to enhancerevenue for Oracle Corporation
•Educating customers, SI and boutique partners and sales field in Oracle’smigration capabilities
•Conduct migration architecture, roadmap and planning workshops
•Provide assessment of current state architecture, and deliver migration roadmapto future state architecture
• Todemonstrate the value of Oracle's database and cloud technology and modernizationbenefits
• To beable to deliver migration POCs on Oracle database and cloud technology based oncustomer’s migration situation
• Worksclosely with other Oracle Pre-Sales Consultants and other line of business
•Aligns system integrators and boutique specialized partners with Oracle fieldin pursuit of migration opportunities
• Driveleadership of large-scale company migration initiatives. Viewed by peersas a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key businesspartner.
•Understand the migration requirements of the customer and then link them to aset of products/solutions provided by Oracle and close migration partners
•Building and maintaining trustful relationships with the customer and keydelivery parrtners during the engagement
•Actively maintaining a depth product knowledge in the designated product areasand partner migration offerings
•Maintain awareness of all relevant competitive products and legacy technologyroadmaps
SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE
• Leaddetailed migration discovery analysis with clients onsite
•Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption,mapping them back to the roadmap
•Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins
•Advise on organizational impact of transformation, build solutions to mitigateclient risk
• Providedetailed sizing of target architectures based on legacy SLAs and migrationprocess
•Remain fully aware of relevant architectural programs and assets fromOracle
• Basedon prospects input, provide appropriate feedback to product managers andproduct development with the relevant Oracle migration technologies
•Provide product demos and presentations, also interactively – i.e without apre-defined script, & answering questions & demonstrating ‘how’ anissue could be solved
•Significant knowledge of a product set, including
• § Competitiveofferings
• § Cloudoriented architecture
• § Solutionsenabled by the products
• § Casestudies of implementations
• § Linksto development teams and information on future product development
•Attend customer discovery meetings with Sales to understand customer needs
•Design and deliver customer demonstrations to articulate, update and evangelizeOracle based technical and product solutions
•Contribute technical and product information in response to procurementrequirements with Oracle and with our partners
•Recognize and communicate opportunities to up-sell based on solutions insight
• Solidtechnical background including architecture, implementation and delivery oflarge‐scale hardware and software systems in real-world situations
•Detailed knowledge of migration approaches including consolidation, cloudcomputing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data,Java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications
• PastOracle DBA and database migration experience with similar large relationaldatabases. Development experience with Java or .Net programming orequivalent experience with scripting languages
•Strong understanding of traditional and legacy monolithic as well as cloud-nativeand agile application frameworks
•Strong experience in planning and delivering migration projects fromtraditional on-premise deployment models
• Paststrong hands on development or database experience on one or more of these platforms: IBM Mainframes, AS400 (iSeries), Sybase, SQLServer, Netezza and/orTeradata
•Detailed knowledge of cloud offerings from AWS and/or Azure is a plus
•Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis,positioning, business justification
•Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and writtencommunication.
• SolidC-level engagement expertise or capabilities
• BA/BSdegree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
• Up to60% travel may be required
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying thetechnology/application to client business. Facilitation of customerproduct/application understanding through presentations demonstrations andbenchmarks; provision of support throughout discovery, demonstration andthe sell.
As a Migration Technical Director you will be responsible as the expert forformulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity toprospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction..Focuses on large or complex migration opportunities that need creative andcomplex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other SalesConsultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations anddemonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the migration process.Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction andmentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving theapplication of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7+ years technicalexperience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability toimplement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system andapplication design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated projectmanagement skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communicationskills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closingtechniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations,demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel up to 60%, A/BSdegree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required tosuccessfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involveidentity and employment verification, professional references, educationverification and professional qualifications and memberships (ifapplicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).