As a Python Developer in the Algorithms team, you will be part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our focus is on solving complex problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of Software Developers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment. We like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Your role as a Python Developer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is essential as is experience in Linux environments, databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
- Development of the mathematical models behind our Sportsbook product and applications.
- Working with quantitative analysts to translate mathematical models from spreadsheets and Jupyter notebooks to efficient code in production.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Analysis and investigation of bug reports provided by customers.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit and integration tests.
- Working in an agile development process.
- 2+ years professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python).
- Linux / Unix experience.
- Experience of Python, NumPy, Cython, C.
- Experience of developing software in a quantitative environment.
- Solid experience with relational databases.
- An interest in Open Source technologies.
- Experience using Microservices, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ).
- Experience coding in a statically typed language.
- Experience writing high-performance CPU bound software.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.
Needs to be updated