Fixed Term Contract- 12 months
The aim of this role is to provide great availability of products to customers, through either our distribution centres or direct to our branches and customers.
Having great availability of products is essential to our business, and supply chain analysts ensure that all touch points of a product's journey are aligned, from the supplier, through to purchasing, distribution and branch teams.
It's essential that we carry just the right amount of stock in the business, too little and we can't supply customers, too much and we overwhelm our distribution centres and branches, and tie up cash unnecessarily.
1. Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with suppliers which includes communicating regularly to ensure that the appropriate level of joint planning is undertaken to secure ongoing supply of product and understand any deviations to the plan and how this can be rectified immediately.
2. Plan ahead by forecasting with suppliers the demand which the business is going to require and work alongside Category Managers to ensure that the minimum order requirements are achievable by the branch network.
3. Where stock is centrally ordered into warehouses, place accurate orders with suppliers and plan stock smoothly into the facilities with the distribution teams.
4. Work with and monitor the supply base to ensure compliance against KPIs and agreed targets. Work with key stakeholders to resolve any issues where targets are not being met.
5. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including category buying teams, marketing, warehouses and branch teams on all product supply matters and establish and maintain effective cross functional relationships.
Include the timely and accurate maintenance and production of appropriate reporting, trackers and updates.
6. Work as part of a high performing team, to drive a best in sector product supply team. Helping others with their development and remaining flexible and agile to the ever changing supply landscape.
7. Works with category, suppliers, distribution and the branch teams to manage obsolete stock out of the business.
COMPLEXITY AND PLANNING
Accountable for the management of products at SKU level throughout the supply chain and full understanding and communication of impact on costs, sales, capacity and service.
Use of several IT systems to manage stock through the supply chain whilst producing and interpreting reports.