As a Software Developer, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of Software Engineers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Technically, we’re Open Source advocates, always ensuring that we keep our tech stack as cutting edge as possible. Your role as a Software Engineer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is highly desirable and it is essential to have experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
- Development of our Sportsbook product and applications.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit tests.
- Working in an agile development process.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Linux / Unix experience.
- An interest in Python and Open Source technologies.
- Ability to learn on the job and show an aptitude for solving complex technical problems.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- 2+ years' professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python, C/C++, C#).
- Solid experience with relational databases.
- Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
- Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
- Experience of Python, Tornado.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.
Needs to be updated