We are looking for an organised and effective person to manage the day-to-day safety, maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of YMCA Doncaster’s property and premises.
This will include preparing reports, carrying out audit checks and associated administrative duties.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the buildings meet Health and Safety standards, and that relevant procedures are being complied with.
You will be working with our established systems, conducting regular checks to ensure that the buildings and site are properly maintained, cleaned and well-presented. This will include some supervisory responsibilities and the oversight of external contractors.
As a part of our Duty Management team, you will be involved in dealing with staffing, client or other issues across the organisation as they arise, and you will be part of our On Call rota.
You will be able to develop a strong understanding of our various services and users, and particularly the issues arising in a Supported Accommodation setting for young people.
You will have some recent experience or transferable skills, an understanding of relevant Health and Safety / maintenance issues and strong attention to detail.
To carry out a variety of duties managing the day-to-day safety, maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of YMCA Doncaster’s properties and premises. This will include preparing reports in line with set procedures, auditing of various items across the premises and associated administrative duties.
- To be responsible for checking that our buildings comply with Health and Safety standards, and that Health and Safety procedures are being complied with, and to take responsibility for other Health and Safety tasks as designated by the Line Manager.
- To conduct regular Health and Safety checks across the site and to meet with contractors and others to oversee their work.
- To ensure that the building and site are appropriately maintained, cleaned and well-presented, and that regular and cyclical programmes are in place.
- To ensure that resident clients receive a clear verbal Health and Safety induction within their first seven days in residence and to co-ordinate additional instruction on maintenance and safety issues during a residence where required by the Line Manager.
- To complete audits and the checking of records, and to deal with designated matters arising including coaching and instruction of staff at various levels.
- To ensure that repair and maintenance tasks are completed properly and on time, instructing staff where necessary.
- To co-ordinate the accurate collection and reporting of data and other information.
- To complete administrative tasks necessary for the Operations team.
- To supervise relevant staff, students or volunteers.
- To cover accommodation, reception or other duties where necessary in times of absence or vacancies.
- To act as a shift Duty Manager, including dealing with any staffing, client or other issues arising during periods of duty.
- To be part of the On Call rota, responding effectively to concerns. This will include finding cover in the case of sickness or other absence, or covering a shift at very short notice when no other cover is available.
- To develop and maintain appropriately professional relationships with clients, users and other staff, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To represent senior staff and the Association positively in all relationships, both internal and external.
- To work within the policies and procedures of YMCA Doncaster, and to contribute to their development.
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time by the Line Manager.
- Experience of efficient task management, including giving clear instruction and taking remedial action where necessary.
- Able to work within organisational procedures and clear structures.
- Able to be assertive and persistent where necessary.
- Understanding of the key Health & Safety and maintenance issues relevant to YMCA Doncaster.
- Able to develop a strong understanding of YMCA Doncaster’s services and users, and to adapt as changes take place.
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy when inputting data and creating reports.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to a high standard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate well with colleagues, as well as with customers or clients with complex needs and / or challenging behaviours.
- Capable of taking responsibility for unexpected situations and making significant decisions in accordance with policy.
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality and appropriate relationships, and a clear understanding of the importance of those.
- Able to work varied and unsociable hours.
- Able to cover as part of the On Call rota and to attend site within two hours in the event of an emergency.
Application is via YMCA Doncaster's website / online application. If you express interest here, we will respond within 48 hours and will send you the website link, which includes further information and a contact point for queries.