At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a SaaS company, developing a ticketing (fare payments) platform that allows people to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones or travel simply by tapping a bank card.
We believe that cost-effective fare payment systems which remove the complexity of riding on public transit are an essential tool for transit operators and we are on a mission to deliver our technology to cities of all sizes.
Our Justride platform has been named Ticketing Technology of the Year 2019/2020 and is deployed in over 100 locations around the world, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, Valencia, The Hague, Los Angeles, Sydney and many more. With an exciting industry-first mobile ticketing SDK, we are partnering with companies like Uber, Lyft, Transit, Moovit and many more to enable the purchase of public transport tickets within leading mobility applications.
Masabi has offices in London, New York, Denver and Cluj, and investors include Mastercard, Shell and Keolis.
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
Masabi is looking for developers to join our expanding Justride Validation team, which is responsible for both the backend server infrastructure powering our ticket validation systems and the software running on the devices in the field. You will be developing our EMV and NFC solution for embedded and mobile devices, working alongside a technically diverse team that have a range of expertise you can learn from.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of products, all of which are highly visible to our customers.
This role is available in the UK, either in a fully remote model with occasional travel to our London office, or in a hybrid model where you will be allowed to come into our London office as many days per week as you require.
It is also available in Europe in a fully remote mode, with minimal travel (when it’s safe) to our London office.
- You will have solid core Java and object-oriented skills, and experience of implementing high-quality high-performance software.
- You enjoy debugging low-level code.
- Experience with ISO14443, Contactless EMV cards and native mobile development will be an advantage, but equally valuable is being open to learning about them. You should be comfortable analysing specs and application notes. You should also be the kind of developer that challenges the status quo and will be active in evolving our stack.
- Value collaboration, as you will learn how to excel as a team member by working closely not just with peers and colleagues from different areas of the business.
- Java 8+ / Kotlin
- Native Android
- Embedded Linux (Yocto)
- Native iOS with J2ObjC
- Bitbucket / Bamboo / Gradle / Artifactory / Puppet / Docker
- Cloud-hosted, Terraform/Puppet managed, PCI-DSS certified platform infrastructure
Some of our benefits
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days of holiday per year plus the option to buy another 5 days pro-rated
- Private Healthcare via AXA including pre-existing conditions and mental health
- Life Insurance
- Choice of workstation
- Flexibility to work from home whenever you need to and flexible working hours (we are currently operating either fully remote or in a hybrid mode, please see Remote Working Policy below for more details)
- Ability to work for up to 3 months per year from any country in the world
- Pension scheme
- Training allowance of up to £1000 per year
- £200 annual allowance for any home office need or improvement
- Onsite/video yoga classes
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches (when in the office)
- Regular social gatherings with a monthly allowance for each employee
- Biannual company events
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate. Also, please notify our team of any preferred pronouns at any point in your application.
In light of the continued Covid-19 risks, all interviews are expected to take place by phone or video.
Our interview process is as follows:
- 30’ Recruiter chat
- 45’ Manager chat
- 120’ Tech Interview
Masabi’s flexible working policy will allow you to work fully remotely, or from one of our offices in London, Cluj, New York, Denver or Boston. The choice about where you work from will be largely made by you. Regardless of where you choose to work from, you will be allowed to work outside of the country of your employment for up to 3 months each year (tax laws permitting).
To find out more about who we are and how we work, please have a read about how our business reacted to the Covid pandemic: https://www.masabi.com/2021/08/02/emerging-stronger/