About our Team
Oriam opened in August 2016 its vision to create world class sporting facilities and services that has a positive impact on the preparation and development of athletes, coaches and volunteers in Scotland.
The facility is the national training base for football, rugby, basketball, handball and squash and through the Scottish Institute of Sport will support many of Scotland’s top athletes on their journey to success on the world stage.
Oriam provides professionals wishing to work not only in the catering sector but also in the sport fitness and physical activity sector a unique opportunity to be part of something special.
To be part of our team you will need to display a desire for personal development whilst being committed to supporting talented individuals around you.
Our business is built on the overarching attributes of diligence, hard work and team cohesion; qualities you should recognise in yourself.
Working on a rota covering the full seven day operation of the Oriam Bistro, this is a full time position.
Responsible for supervising Bistro staff and providing a professional, welcoming, high quality, flexible catering service to students, colleagues and visitors to Oriam in all areas where the service is provided or may be provided by the in house team.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Supervise, assist and deliver all aspects of the retail, events and squad service delivery within Oriam including areas used for external events on occasion.
2. Provide high quality, friendly efficient customer service to all customers.
3. Supervise and direct the actions and activities of staff, assist with the staffing rota, agreeing additional staff with the Bistro Manager.
Supervise staff breaks.
4. Throughout the shift ensure all aspects of the various customer groups' service needs and requirements across all areas are met, adjusting staffing and supplies to maximise customer satisfaction and staff productivity.
5. Support and supervise daily cash handling - opening and closing tills, monitoring and ordering change, cash and banking activities as directed and required.
6. Oversee, direct engage in and scrutinise cleaning activities in all areas of operation ensuring minimum standards are maintained at all times, special cleaning is planned and carried out.
7. Assist with monthly stock counts, ordering and customer liaison. Monitoring stock levels - food, beverages and disposables.
8. Provide in house training for all staff including Health and Safety and operational. Ensure that all staff abide by relevant legislative requirements relevant to the work that they are undertaking.
9. Any other relevant duties which may be required from time to time or as the service develops and adapts which may be reasonably expected of the post holder.
10. Ensure the security of outlet, stock. small equipment and staff throughout shifts and with particular attention to security at the close of day.
Education, qualifications and experienceExperience of a similar catering and customer service environment, including Health and Safety at Work Act, Food Hygiene Regulations and the Licensing Scotland Act 2005.