To work within the Academic Fellows Scheme to provide high-quality general practice-based care to practices in deprived areas of South Wales and to contribute to research and teaching in the School.
To undertake a postgraduate qualification, pursue a programme of personal development, maintain professional development and acquire high quality teaching and research skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ability and qualifications to work as a UK general practitioner either at time of application or within a timescale acceptable to the Division of Population Medicine.
2. A current driving licence and access to a car for clinical work.
3. Enthusiasm for multidisciplinary teamwork.
4 Enthusiasm for, and intention to teach.
5. Enthusiasm for, and intention to acquire research skills.
6. Enthusiasm for general practice and the possession of high level clinical skills.
7. Understanding and awareness of problems of healthcare in post-industrial UK and particularly the South Wales Valleys.
8. Able to demonstrate knowledge of current issues in the UK and international General Practice and evidence of a structured mature record of self-directed learning with appraised learning needs.
9. Enthusiasm for the Scheme as demonstrated by research prior to interview.
For more information about the Academic Clinical Fellows Scheme please use the link below
http : / / www.cardiff.ac.uk / medicine / about-us / join-us / academic-fellows-scheme
IMPORTANT : Evidencing Criteria It is the School of Medicine’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing.
Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement.
Please ensure when submitting this document / attaching it to your application profile you name it with the vacancy reference number, in this instance for this post, 11382BR.
If candidates do not provide written evidence of meeting all of the essential criteria then their application will not be progressed.
The School of Medicine welcome the submission of CVs to accompany evidence of the job-based criteria.
Academic - Teaching & Scholarship
Clinical Grade D1
Associate Academic Fellow Cardiff University