Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance working with the Business Directors, Legal team and Bid teams to provide best-in-class financial bid support for clients and internal bid teams, driving revenue growth for the Business. Development of innovative and excellent commercial bid structures and bid models to deliver winning bids in a fast moving and time-pressured environment. Work with Product teams to create commercial business cases for new propositions to enable best use of NPS investment & resources. Commitment to continuous improvement of bid models, sales reporting, pricing and cost estimating processes to ensure NPS bid performance and win rates are optimised.
· Support the monthly and annual business planning cycle of business forecast meetings, to ensure pipeline data is accurately reflected in monthly revenue forecasts.
· Support Sales Reporting processes across the business and engage effectively with local management teams to define, deliver and develop effective Sales Reporting solutions
· Establish and build upon strong, cohesive working relationships across the organisation, to ensure that NPS objectives are achieved through co-operation and application of best practice
· Maintain & Support Cost Revenue Estimation Model (CREM) template, including maintenance and updating of day rates and standard models for business areas
· Perform financial and strategic evaluation of investment projects as required, utilising ROI and payback criteria to support and evaluate the business case, ensuring investments are only approved if commercially and financially sound.
· Assist the Head of Commercial Finance in ad hoc projects as required
· Work with customers and bid teams to develop innovative practical solutions to service related problems
· Ownership and construction of financial bid models for bids as required, ensuring correct treatment for revenue recognition (IFRS15) and costs incurred, and adequate contingency provision
· Preparation of CREM and PAB financial documentation for internal governance reviews.
· Assist Sales teams with sound & practical financial advice that aids them in maximising available opportunities whilst retaining agreed internal and external governance.
· Liaise with the legal team in assessing and reporting on the commercial risk associated with new business opportunities and escalating where financial terms fall outside those deemed acceptable to NPS.
· Assist Legal and Bid teams with the preparation of Bid and Contract schedules as required
· When required, represent Finance in internal CREM and PAB sign-off meetings and support client dialogue meetings
· Ensure Bid spend on major tenders is recorded and reported periodically against approved bid budgets
· Ensure effective financial handover of new business wins to operational finance teams and project delivery teams including initial sign-off and periodic review of Contract Control models
- Strong academic background
We will consider candidates are qualified by experience in addition to (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) qualified.
- Advanced user of Excel, able to use; vlookups, piviot tables, IF/AND/OR formulas, MATCH, GRAPHS
- Experience of bid modelling and contract costing within a software based business
- Experience of project management and working with a wide variety of stakeholders to a common goal
- Working technical knowledge of reporting standards and application to commercial business development
- Experienced in competitive dialogue and client negotiations
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits: Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities