Translation Service Development Duties
with the University’s Schools / Colleges and Professional Services and outside bodies as required.
English translation service to the University, interpreting the requirements of the customer and the subject of the communication to provide contextually appropriate translations, adhering to the compliance requirements of the University and ensuring the University’s Welsh language is presented to a high and consistent Standard
1. Proven ability to communicate effectively and accurately in both Welsh and English, orally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences, and at all levels
2. Experience of undertaking translation work in or for the public sector
3. Demonstrable cultural awareness in relation to Wales, and the Welsh language.
4. Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload and to meet tight deadlines e.g. press and web releases.
Qualifications and Education
5. Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
6. Able to demonstrate expert professional knowledge within Welsh English translation
7. Experience of using translation memory software
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
8. Evidence of ability to explore customers’ needs and adapt the service accordingly to ensure a quality service is delivered.
Planning, Analysis and Problem Solving
9. Evidence of ability to research and solve expansive problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose both practical and innovative solution.
1. Experience of providing interpreting services or willingness to access appropriate training.
2. A relevant professional qualification.
3. Experience of undertaking translation work preferably within, or for, the Higher Education Sector.
4. Experience of working in a Higher Education environment.
5. Membership of a recognised Translation Association
Individuals will be given the opportunity to continuously develop in their roles, so that they can experience a greater range of activities and can bring new ideas and initiatives to functions within their teams.
Cross functional working is required so that customers experience an effective and efficient service, enhancing the reputation and output of the service.
While undertaking your role, you will be expected to review your own performance and progress, look for opportunities to learn, build relationships with other teams, and contribute actively to meeting the Department’s objectives.
In terms of our service provision, you will be looking for ways to exceed customer requirements, review the effectiveness in respect of our service delivery and suggest improvements in our processes and systems.
Translator Cardiff University