Therapeutic Area Manager (TAM), Ophthalmology
From the beginning, Genentech has been a team of highly dedicated, passionate individuals. We are a place where people are united around a single purpose and an ambitious vision.
Together, we aspire to deliver even better health outcomes for patients while lowering overall healthcare costs.
The Therapeutic Area Manager (TAM) is integral to successfully delivering this vision, working closely with healthcare providers.
The TAM deeply understands the specific needs of healthcare practitioners in their therapeutic area to identify and address their clinical and business goals and challenges in support of improved patient outcomes, lower costs and improved quality of care.
focused on improving the customer and patient experience across the care continuum. They will leverage other ecosystem and organization experts to provide customers with the information they need about products to make decisions that support enhanced patient outcomes, and to influence the business strategy.
The TAM will represent all relevant products (LUCENTIS today and upon FDA approval, PDS and faricimab) and indications.
In alignment with the ecosystem and customer strategic plan, the TAM is accountable for driving on-label clinical demand to ensure HCPs identify the right medication for the right patient.
In addition, they are responsible for collecting insights and trends for their respective ecosystems and being a conduit between an ecosystem, the Ophtha Squad and marketing to support the national strategy at a local level.
The TAM will represent Genentech Ophthalmology products to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with guidelines and PRC approved materials.
Key Accountabilities :
1. Serve as one of primary points of contact for ophthalmology customers in the ecosystem. Address and identify opportunities for pulling through ecosystem and Ophtha squad strategies at the point-of-care
2. Apply strong understanding of the specific needs of healthcare practitioners and mobilizes ecosystem and organization experts to partner with customers to identify and address their clinical and business goals and challenges in support of improved patient outcomes, lower costs and improved quality of care
3. Contribute to the development and execution of customer account plans for target accounts to deliver maximum impact opportunities and business goals
4. Deliver education to HCPs regarding product information, appropriate use, and dosing and administration based on FDA approved product information and formulary / pathways / guidelines (e.
g. one on one interactions, in-services, identification of opportunities for peer-to-peer programming, etc.). Effectively triage to USMA experts as appropriate
5. Address product acquisition (contract awareness, etc), and address supply matters through coordination of distribution issues, and managing spoilage and returns
6. Ensure product access to provide proactive (and de-identified) education on patient assistance, reimbursement resources.
Triage to Ophtha HD and FRM Ophtha as appropriate
7. Keep abreast of customer and healthcare industry trends. Initiates development actions to constantly adapt and grow capabilities to increase impact
8. Represent the Genentech products to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with guidelines and PRC approved materials
9. Lead, act and live our Operating Principles in all aspects of work
Scientific or clinical degree, Bachelor’s degree level at minimum
Previous cross-functional industry experience in commercial life sciences (pharma or biotechnology) or related industry engaging with key healthcare ecosystem players (e.
g., payers, health systems), is required
4 or more years experience working in a sales role with HCPs, ideally representing multiple products and working across a complex healthcare system environment
Knowledge and experience with Ophthalmology and / or Retina is a plus
Biologics, Injectable and / or buy & bill experience is preferred
Ability to work in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformation is a strong plus
Proven track record in coaching, training and / or mentoring peers or others as assigned; helping such others to better meet or exceed their goals, targets and other responsibilities
Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and / or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
Self starter; ability to seek out relevant information, prioritize, and apply information to solve complex problems in the ecosystem
Ability to assimilate and communicate complex clinical and product information
Knowledge of and ability to successfully address operational issues in the delivery of healthcare products to patients, such as reimbursement and supply
Understanding of external laws, codes and company policies that apply to the healthcare industry
Genentech Operating Principles :
I put the patient first, always.
I am obsessed with meeting customer needs.
I act on behalf of the whole company, not just my team.
I am inclusive.
I build a culture of trust.
I have a growth mindset.
I am accountable.
I radically simplify and prioritize for impact.
I follow the science.
I build our reputation.
Complies with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern the conduct of Genentech activities.
Prefer candidates to live within the ecosystem : Richmond, Charlottesville, Norfolk, Tidewater
Who We Are :
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases.
To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society.
Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve.
We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin / ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.