Twin is an award-winning provider of education, travel, work experience, accommodation, and employment services. We offer a diverse number of life enhancing services to our clients and every member of our team is essential in achieving this. As an organisation we are recruiting for a new IQA to internally quality assurer all the accredited qualifications; identify improvements within the delivery across our government-funded contracts.
- To internally quality assure verify all qualifications within the scope of area of responsibility.
- Monitor and evaluate the internal quality assurance and assessment processes conducted to ensure safe, impartial, valid, and consistent assessment strategies and decisions to ensure consistency in assessment, paying due attention to the regulations concerning sampling of assessments.
- Provide support and advice to trainers/assessors, monitoring the quality of the trainers/assessor’s performance, arranging assessment validation sessions, ensuring the standardisation of assessment and best practice in assessment.
- Provide trainers/assessors with feedback, advice and support on performance, skills gap and learning needs, standardisation activities and continuing professional development activities.
- To ensure qualification units selected meet the full qualification requirements as set by the awarding organisations.
- Assist with preparing and minute monthly standardisation meetings and chair in the lead IQA’s absences.
- Ensure the completion, filing and secure storage of evidence relating to internal quality assurance and assessment processes are robust.
- To assist the lead IQA with preparing sampling plans for internal verification.
- To support with the External Verification visits and deal with any actions set from these visits.
- Support the Lead IQA to ensure all assessors/trainers meet the minimum requirements for vocational competence, CVs, certificates, and on-going CPD.
- Working with the delivery team to develop Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans to improve the overall quality of provision for the department.
- Support the Lead IQA with carrying out assessor/trainer moderated observations to meet awarding organisation requirements.
- To support the Lead IQA with monitoring and tracking the assessment and verification procedure.
- To keep and maintain accurate and up to date tracking records of own IQA activities
- To participate in course evaluation, quality assurance and self-assessment processes.
Skills and Experience
- IQA qualification
- Assessing qualification, CAVA, TAQA, A1, or equivalent
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English or equivalent
- PTTLS, DTTLS or equivalent
- 1 years’ experience in quality assuring vocational qualifications
- Able to demonstrate competency in the Health and Social Care Sector
Salary: £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: (Full time) Monday- Friday 9am to 5:30pm
Closing Date: 08/11/21
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday Day off; Pension contributions; Career development opportunities; Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews may be undertaken via Microsoft Teams. Following recent developments from COVID 19 you may see a delay in receiving feedback or interviews being scheduled.
We regret that unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK.
Twin is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS, where appropriate.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
Disability Confident Employer
Disabled applicants should indicate in the Equality of Opportunity section of the application form if they wish their application to be given consideration under the Disability Confident scheme.
If you are invited to interview, please advise the recruitment administrator what adjustment you would require at the interview in as much detail as possible to enable arrangements to be put into place.
We ask all applicants if they want to be considered under this scheme. By opting-in to this scheme, you are disclosing that you have a disability solely for the purpose of the interview guarantee and we will not assume nor infer that you wish to disclose or record your disability in any other way – including any reasonable adjustments you may need if you are employed.
Access to Work Scheme
You can apply for Access to Work if you need support to get back to work.
You can apply using the online service or apply by phoning Jobcentre Plus on:
Telephone: 0800 121 7479
Textphone: 0800 121 7579
Powered by JazzHR