Job Summary :
Main Responsibilities :
1. Fully responsible for ensuring that the Landlord’s electrical, mechanical, HVAC, public health, life safety, vertical transport, facade access and general services equipment are maintained in accordance with the agreed specifications and that all such services operate efficiently always.
2. To be the custodian of B.O.P.M.L.’s Engineering Policies and Procedures.
3. To monitor the engineering planned maintenance within the Portfolio and to ensure that all works are carried out efficiently and economically and that the required records are maintained.
4. To regularly inspect all plant, equipment and building structure / fabric and to monitor the progress of remedial works that are implemented.
5. To assist in maintaining a safety first’ culture across the portfolio.
6. Undertake regular inspections of the plant room / equipment compounds, record and document efficiencies or hazards and remedial requirements / timescales.
7. To assist the Senior Property Manager(s) with the formulation of annual budgets and to ensure that works planned within these budgets are implemented effectively and economically and the programme dates achieved.
8. Upon receipt of a tenant’s proposed work / alterations to their demised area assist the Landlord in co-ordinating and controlling the approval of the technical elements of the proposed works in liaison with all interested parties, including advising external contractors and consultants.
9. To ensure that the General Manager, tenants and all parties concerned are informed of any necessary close down or testing of plant, fire systems or breakdown that will affect them in any way.
10. To prepare specifications, in liaison with other Brookfield departments / consultants as necessary, for any new works or modifications to existing services and to progress such works in liaison with the Building Manager.
11. To advise the Senior Property Manager(s) on all technical functions relating to plant equipment systems and to be familiar with latest developments in technology.
12. To convene meetings with technical and maintenance personnel at regular intervals.
13. To set up & oversee technical education and training programmes
14. To maintain up to date technical records and to ensure the accessibility of all service manuals, drawings, contractual obligations including life system testing, commissioning information, certificates and contractor details.
15. To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time by the Operations Director(s).
16. To be reasonably and responsibly available outside normal working hours to cover for emergency situations
17. To deputise for the Operations Director(s) on matters of a technical nature during his / her absence, either through sickness or annual leave.
Health & Safety