Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven solutions enable multinational companies to identify and manage the key political, human rights, economic and environmental risks impacting their operations, supply chains and investments.
As part of the Verisk Analytics family, we are aligned with the world’s leading data analytics organisation. Together, we aim give our clients the insight they need to make better, data-
driven decisions through unrivalled analysis and advice.
The Technology team at Maplecroft is responsible for designing, developing, and running the infrastructure and products that drive the company.
Maplecroft is a data-driven company, and the Technology team sits at the heart of what we do. We're a small but capable team that values independent thought, critical thinking, and pragmatism.
This will be the first hire in a new Data Science team reporting into the CTO. We need someone to work with people (and data sources) across the business to consolidate, aggregate, and make sense of various types of data, ranging from website analytics to structured API feeds from vendors to web crawls.
A few example projects that the successful candidate would work on are :
1. Customer engagement reports & dashboards to support the Sales & Marketing team, pulling data from Google Analytics and our CMS & entitlement databases to show who is (or isn’t!) accessing what content
2. Usage metrics for the Research teams to better understand how customers are consuming their content (using similar data to 1.)
3. Using web scraping tools to assist Research analysts with their work by aggregating and annotating a variety of news sources
4. Working with Data Scientists in our Analytics team to help them gather and process structured and unstructured data sets in support of their work
5. Working with the Software Engineering and Infrastructure teams to turn pilot projects from around the business into production applications
Knowledge & Experience
Key skills are Python programming and a working knowledge of range of databases. We aren’t looking for a web developer, though someone with that background would be well suited to the role.
Specific technologies you will be expected to work with include :
Maplecroft Core Values
Maplecroft is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Maplecroft values the contributions of each individual and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and wellbeing.
Our core values are :
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to our success.