1. Comply with all documentation and systems relevant to your position within the company.
2. Ensure all the required documentation is fully and correctly completed.
3. Comply with all reasonable requests from the Mitie Site Manager.
4. Comply with all Mitie and Client rules, regulations and policies & ensure the Hygiene Operatives also meet this requirement.
5. Carry out your tasks as per the specification.
6. Report any incomplete work to your manager together with the reason.
Health & Safety
1. Only undertake tasks in which you & your team have been trained.
2. Ensure all work areas are maintained to a safe and hygienic standard.
3. Ensure PPE, is being worn correctly & that it is returned to the storage area in a safe clean condition.
4. Undertake weekly PPE inspections & record the results on the relevant documentation.
5. Ensure that you and your team use the correct equipment and materials to carry out your tasks as per the safe systems of work.
6. Maintain the equipment in a clean, safe and working order. If any serious faults are noted you must ensure the equipment is placed out of use.
Any faults or damage must be reported to the Mitie Site Manager.
7. Only allow Operatives to use equipment they have been trained & authorised to use. This includes :
c. Scaffold towers.
d. Ride on equipment.
8. Ensure your team use the correct chemical and dosing equipment as per the cleaning instruction.
9. Ensure all equipment, materials and chemicals are stored in a safe manner.
10. Comply with the material control and usage procedures in place, e.g. disposal of differing materials in the designated bins, and avoiding unnecessary waste.
11. Report hazards, near misses and poor practice to the Mitie Site Manager.
12. Never leave site at any time unless you have permission in writing from the Mitie Site Manager.
13. Supervise external contractors who work under the control of Mitie.
1. Previous supervisor experience, experience of leading a team is ESSENTIAL.
2. Experience of working in the food industry in a technical / hygiene role is DESIREABLE
3. Knowledge of cleaning methodology, systems & procedures.
The Hygiene Supervisor must have successfully completed or be willing to complete the following training :
4. Manual handling.
5. Safe Systems of Work.
Please note : This is a NIGHT SHIFT role working 4 on 4 off 6pm - 6am and will include Weekends.
Pay rate - £13.18 per hour
Health and Safety responsibilities :
Information Security :
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken.
Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and / or the needs of the business.