applicants to join us Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-
chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose : our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people : a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers : a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture our core values and how we behave :
1. We are one Mitie : we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust : integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated.
We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile : whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger : we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights.
Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business : we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity in Northampton. We are looking for an experienced Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed the interview, with a pay rate of £8.
21 per hour. You will report into the sites security operation’s manager.
Meeting room set ups and frequent checks of meeting rooms to ensure standards are maintained - reporting any issues, replacing consumables.
Daily periodic checking / tidying of break out areas, offices and meeting areas to maintain a clean and safe place to work and meet clients
Reception cover for lunch breaks / holidays as needed
Conduct Weekly Site assessments with line manager to identify risk and opportunity
Staff members in facilities-related tasks when required.
Assist in Car Park Management and Visitor allocation
Stock management and maintain all breakout areas with regards to refreshment supplies
Undertake all necessary inspections, maintaining required records
Assisting in all aspects of Health and Safety for the building, action risk assessment issues, arranging signage and ordering of first aid supplies.
Ability to prioritise and manage high workloads in peak periods
Good communication skills essential
A warm and open interpersonal style with the ability to build rapport quickly
Articulate communicator with positive attitude
Health and Safety responsibilities
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and / or via your divisional incident reporting system;