Processes the release of medical information from patient medical records in accordance with regulatory requirements, hospital policies and procedures and federal and state statutes.
Current Notary Public preferred. Must obtain a NH Notary Public within one year and maintain during employment.Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirements, with or without the aid of mechanical devices to safely perform the essential functions of the job : 1.
Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; pick, pinch type or otherwise work primarily with the fingers. Bend legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees for occasional retrieval of patient records.
2. Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and / or negligible amount of force constantly.
Strength Factor : L-Light Work) 3. Ability to receive information through oral communications and make fine discriminations in sound.
Must possess good telephone skills.4. Visual acuity sufficient for work with computer terminals, various handwriting, small print reports and terminal digit filing system.
5. Ability to work with frequent interruptions, endure periods of heavy workload and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
6. Familiarity with computer operation.7. Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures, making minor decisions.
Ability to proceed alone following standard practices for routine procedures, referring questions or problems to supervisor.
8. Ability to maintain good communications and positive working relationships with employees, physicians, other departments, and the public.
9. Ability to attend education / information seminars and ability to assimilate material received.10. Ability to accept constructive feedback and make necessary changes to correct situations.
11. Ability to transport self to and from off site locations.