Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage. With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb’s core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor’s and A++ from A.
M. Best. Chubb’s parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE : CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
The purpose of this role is to provide required support to our commercial legal team currently consisting of 6-8 lawyers for the Region.
The role holder will be expected to possess good legal knowledge and proven experience within a legal role to assist with a range of tasks / key responsibilities (not limited to those listed below) to support the legal team.
There will be particular need for a good level of research and drafting skill.
The role will require an individual to be highly organised with a strong ability to prioritise matters due to the responsibility for monitoring, progressing and completing the Non-
Disclosure Agreements for the legal team. The monitoring and reporting aspect of this task will rely on the creation of a clear and accurate process of recording matters on our local workspace.
The role will include distinct support to General Counsel and the Deputy General Counsel on isolated legal projects as and when required.
1. Perform legal and factual research including the identification of relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles and other pertinent material across the legal team
2. Draft legal documents including contracts, legal memoranda as examples
3. Monitor receipt through to the completion of the region’s Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s); preparing reporting data for General Counsel e.
g. number / frequency of agreements
4 Training and education of the business teams on NDA’s to improve their understanding of such agreements for greater efficiency between our teams
5. Organize and analyse information provided
Cross-check and validate information if required
Check document accuracy when requested
6. Prepare written reports and draft / prepare correspondence or legal documents to support the legal team that will include when required, ad-
hoc isolated projects for the General Counsel and the Deputy General Counsel for Europe
7. Build, create and / or maintain databases and files of legal work
8. Review and monitor new and updated laws and regulations
9. Assists the legal team by attending and taking notes during meetings and conferences
10. Undertake basic clerical tasks such as photocopying; scanning; archiving and all other tasks as required of the legal team on an ad-hoc basis
Working for Chubb