EMEA Legal & Compliance EMEA Legal and Compliance (LCD) COO function
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Legal and Compliance Department (LCD) is charged with day-to-day oversight and coordination of the Firm’s compliance with core regulatory requirements covering all businesses including Institutional Sales and Trading (Fixed Income, Commodities and Equities), Investment Banking, Research, Investment Management and Private Wealth Management Business across the EMEA region.
The LCD Operations team report to the EMEA LCD COO. The primary objective is to support senior management in running the Division in an effective and efficient manner.
The team has a broad range of responsibilities. The core activities include the Division’s finances, talent initiatives, vendor and outside counsel management, technology and strategic initiatives.
This role will have exposure to a wide set of Legal & Compliance stakeholders and is an ideal opportunity to gain a broad overview of the Departments and their functions, the range of Morgan Stanley’s businesses and the governance and organisation of the Firm.
The Team requires a dynamic and resilient individual with strong interpersonal, communication, project management, problem solving and analytical skills.
The role will involve a specific emphasis on helping manage and execute strategic projects. The role holder will report directly to the EMEA LCD COO and will work closely with the Global LCD Innovation & Technology team in New York.
Skills Required (Essential)
1. Experience, preferably in professional services (e.g. consulting) or financial services.
2. Excellent relationship building skills
3. Ability to communicate issues, proposals and complex situations to a range of audiences, in written and spoken form
4. Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, SharePoint and PPT.
5. Experience or knowledge of efficiency enabling methodologies (e.g. Lean and Agile) and Technology (e.g., Jive Cognos, Tableau) would be desirable
6. Confident self-starter with stamina and proactive approach to problem solving.
7. High aptitude for utilisation of technology
8. Sound judgement and ability to effectively respond to issues and escalate appropriately.
9. Ability to deliver high-quality output, with a focus on detail, accuracy and completeness.
10. Ability to manage and inspire teams, demonstrate leadership and accountability.
11. Previous Legal, Compliance, Risk or regulatory experience would be an advantage
Keys to Success
1. It is important that the candidate is able to work in a flexible environment, as plans and priorities can change frequently.
2. High level of integrity, given the sensitive nature of some of the information made available. Much of the sensitive information can only be shared with certain audiences and the candidate should be able to clearly differentiate between those that should and should not have this data, as well as knowing when to escalate if unsure.
3. Due to the multi-tasking nature of the role, the candidate should be able to prioritise their own workload accordingly, tackling all projects to a high standard and within deadlines.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.
Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.