We are working with a Government funded organisation who are looking for an AV Infrastructure Manager to join their in-house team.
This Manager will support the design, development, production and maintenance of AV-based visitor experiences, as well as a wide range of services for departments across at our client's site
As part of the IT and AV Services department, the AV Infrastructure Managers support the design, development, production and maintenance of AV-based visitor experiences, as well as a wide range of services for departments across.
This includes the installation and maintenance of extensive in-gallery multimedia equipment, provision of AV services for a variety of corporate events and activities, video conferencing facilities and the on-site support for IT systems.
AV Infrastructure Managers will be expected to be able to work across all of the branches as well as contribute to projects across all of the IT & AV Services team’s output.
This role has a high level of autonomy.
Reporting to the Head of IT & AV Operations, the post has three core responsibilities :
Maintain and support video conferencing systems in staff spaces.
hardware procurement; providing advice on the use of budgets. The AV Infrastructure Managers support the site seven days a week, including events, so frequent weekend work and occasional evening work is expected.
In addition, your duties will include :
Daily testing of the gallery AV / multimedia systems undertaking remedial work to address faults as applicable
Undertake planned preventative maintenance to maintain acceptable levels of multimedia services in galleries
Represent and manage technical delivery on assigned special projects. This includes overseeing technical specifications, scheduling, procurement, installation and timely delivery.
Utilise the IT Service Desk to monitor support requirements across the site which will inform future planning.
Liaise with and occasionally manage maintenance suppliers, external contractors and third parties before and after installation as applicable
Manage and / or support internal and corporate events, including the operation and installation of public address, presentation and other AV equipment within our client’s branches
Taking responsibility for a specific branch our clients site if requested to by the head of IT & AV Operations or the Chief Information Officer (CIO). This requires :
1) Regular oversight of work carried out on branch technology to ensure quality is maintained
2) Submitting rotas to ensure adequate cover for the branch for approval by Head of IT & AV Operations
3) Periodically reviewing maintenance budgets for the branch to ensure reasonable use of resources
4) Ensuring assets are created / updated / disposed in accordance with finance procedures.
5) Raising any resourcing issues with the Head of IT & AV Operations to ensure sufficient staff are available to provide key services
6) Working closely and successfully with other departments and key stakeholders across the site to ensure the efficient, friendly and high-quality delivery of multimedia services
7) Liaison with the Facilities Management in furtherance of AV systems efficiency
8) Sound and film editing for exhibition and other purposes, often to tight deadlines
9) Assisting the creation of new interactive exhibits as defined by the Digital Media Manager
10) Occasional computer data entry and assistance of IT Service desk as required.
11) Adjust working pattern to cover evening and weekend events as required.
with particular attention being given to manual handling procedures. To report immediately potentially hazardous conditions to line management
Skills and Experience required
Proven significant working experience in carrying out diverse duties within the field of AV Support, as described above, and / or equivalent technical services.
Experience of taking responsibility for projects in a multi-team environment
Have a controlled and calm approach to unpredictable and stressful situations with the ability to put nervous users at their ease.
Enthusiastic about the potential that digital and emerging technologies offer the delivery of content and services in the site setting