Title : Activity Support Worker - Days
Average of 39 hours per week
Alternating weekly shifts : 1 week on 8am-5pm then 1 week on 4pm-10pm
Occasional weekends, subject to change
Essential Requirements :
1. A minimum of 12 months relevant experience in a care environment.
Desirable Requirements :
1. Previous experience of working with adults with learning difficulties and or Acquired Brain Injury.
2. Previous experience of working with people who display risk behaviour.
3. A qualification in Care (i.e. QCF Qualification Certificate Framework)
Job Purpose :
To work as a Member of the Care Team in meeting the personal Care needs of the Service Users in a way that respects the dignity, privacy and rights of the Individual.
To promote the independence, choice and life fulfilment for the Service Users.
Every member of Staff is expected to ensure that the Homes Service Users, comfort, satisfaction and well being is cared for in a friendly, efficient and personalised manner at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
Service User Care
1. To be physically fit and to be able to push wheelchairs, hoist service users and assist service users with poor mobility.
2. To assist and encourage Service Users who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting, utilising guidelines from Individual Care Plans as appropriate.
3. To help Service Users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence.
4. To help Service in the safe use of aids and personal equipment.
5. To make beds up, and change beds, tidy up rooms, and carry out cleaning duties as required.
6. To ensure that Service Users clothing is presented in a clean tidy manner, and where there are repairs that these are put right.
7. To set tables, serve meals, prepare light meals and wash up, tidy and clear the dinning area after use.
8. To encourage Service Users to participate in the Activity Schedule, both inside and outside the Home.
Notes : Essential
Role : Activity Support Worker
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Northampton, Northamptonshire,
Apply for this job now.