Job Title: Software Engineer Reporting to: Development Manager Summary
Oracle Belfast is focused on helping the world's premier brandsmaximize the success of their online businesses. The Oracle Commerce Cloudapplication suite is the top-rated platform by industry analysts for poweringhighly personalized, efficient and effective e-commerce sites. Oracle CommerceCloud is a fully featured, extensible SaaS commerce solution, hosted in theOracle Cloud, supporting B2C and B2B models in a single platform. CommerceCloud grants greater agility and cost savings, with the extensibility andcontrol required in the ultra-competitive digital commerce market. Thegroup is responsible for the definition, design, development, testing anddelivery of the new solution, as well the on-going management of priorities asthe solution evolves.Responsibilities
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist indefining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing,debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Providetechnical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design andimplement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changingneeds.Requirements
• Duties and tasks arevaried and complex needing independent judgment
• 2+ years of softwareengineering or related experience
• Knowledge and experienceimplementing object-oriented design patterns
• Sound knowledge softwarearchitecture, implementation, and problem solving skills
• Be a team player withgood communication skills
• Ability to work with avariety of others including developers, business analysts, UX designers,product managers, technical writers, QA Engineers and technical supportpersonnel
• Interest in softwaredevelopment excellence and in delivering solutions to a high quality
• Familiarity with standardprofessional software development processes including source code control, unittesting, and code reviewsDesirable
• Advanced HTML skills:HTML5, XHTML, CSS
• Experience developingwith React, Knockout, JQuery and require.js
• Experience developingserver-side JAVA for enterprise level applications or other server sidedevelopment experience.
• Experience developingapplications using object-oriented UI design patterns
• Experience with SQL andmodeling data in relational databases
• Experience working in anAgile environment
• Experience developingcloud based applicationsEnvironmental
The job demands a capacity for sustained work so that all the necessaryphases from specification through to implementation can be completed within ademanding time frame. Although the job is based in Belfast, there may beopportunity for some travel to other locations or customer sites.
All applicants must be legally able to work in UK and the job holderneeds to be located in Northern Ireland.Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary and excellent working environmentOracle offers a generous benefits package. This is a fantasticopportunity to secure a role with one of the world’s leading and most excitingcompanies.
If you would like to be considered for this position please send us yourdetails by clicking apply now.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).