Performs pulmonary function, lung capacity, diffusion capacity, and blood oxygen tests to gather data for use by Physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary disorders.
Provides and assists with Pulmonary Function Laboratory services to patients as directed by physicians? orders.
Experience- Two years experience in Pulmonary Function TestingAccredited Certification in Pulmonary Function Testing preferred or on the job training experience in an Accredited Pulmonary Function Testing Lab.
Ability to deliver patient care in a manner that is appropriate to the demographics and / or specific needs of the patient population served by the hospital.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in assessing, responding and adapting treatment of care to meet the needs of the patient population served by the hospital.
3. Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or stress.4. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
5. Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.6. Ability to use computer software applications.7. Ability to wear protective clothing such as safety glasses, gloves, gowns, masks, head covers and lead aprons.
8. Receives training and guidelines from Pulmonary Lab Supervisor before assuming program responsibility. Functions independently following training.
Ability to organize time effectively.9. Ability to promote a cooperative, collaborative work environment facilitating communication between employees, patients, visitors and external customers.
10. Ability to identify and take action in own learning needs.11. Ability to transport self to and from off-site locations.
12. Knowledge of departmental and hospital safety policies and Infection Control policies and procedures.13. Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of indications, contradictions and limitations of testing.