Ref : JOHNCRANEAPAC00363
We are looking for a qualified Production Planning and Material Control professional who is hands-on and capable of managing production planning, scheduling, and inventory utilizing a modern ERP system.
The candidate must have extensive experience in the Engineering / Aerospace / Defense Industry.
The candidate must possess the ability to manage, plan, and execute production schedules in a small quantity, high-mix and custom job-shop environment to achieve 100% on time delivery.
The candidate will perform planning activities required to achieve production objectives in the manufacturing facility by coordinating the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies, and schedule and prioritize jobs to meet the customer’s needs.
The candidate will also develop long term production plans utilizing all available data and will interact daily throughout all levels of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversee production planning and management activities within the organization.
2. Anticipate overload and under load situations and alert the CST.
3. Ensure load balancing of the plant, drive Delivery Performance above target by analyzing skills.
4. Keep the plant and subcontract network sufficiently loaded.
5. Ensure effective implementation of pull system in the plant.
6. Support plant in minimizing the material flow & minimize the material in shop floor.
7. Control and manage the plant inventory.
8. Review and revise the safety stock model regularly and make amendments.
9. Develop production plan, budget and timelines according to production specifications.
10. Determine production requirements based on plant capacity and production specifications.
11. Plan work flow and schedules for production departments.
12. Monitor production status and ensure timely delivery.
13. Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities.
14. Conduct daily meetings to keep track of production schedules.
15. Resolve production issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly.
BE Mech / IP / Production / Chemical with 10 to 12 years of experience.
The Production Planning and Material Control professional / Assistant Manager is directly responsible for the areas of Production / Inventory Control, Planning, Inventory levels and revenue forecast execution.
He or she will perform work operations within material standard operating procedures, policies and goals within production control and directly related operations involving planning and scheduling, expediting, inventory control, customer order filling and release, and company billing operations.
He or she will analyze all phases of WIP (work-in-process) and make judgments regarding work force adjustments and follow-up action.
He or she will develop changes where production control and related policies and procedures are inadequate, and insure all required processes are documented and up to date and all assigned personnel are trained to the released procedures.
Back to job search