Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-
chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
1. We are one Mitie : we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust : integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated.
We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile : whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger : we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights.
Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business : we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Working within the Waste Operations Support Team to meet client requirements, whilst maintaining IT databases
Supporting the waste operations team by processing client transactions such as; ad-hoc requests, changes to waste scheduled services and managing missed services.
Providing customer service using telephone and e-mail to ensure all SLAs are met
Developing an understanding of waste streams, containers, suppliers & clients to support client requests
Logging of all transactions onto the relevant IT systems accurately to ensure full audit history
Ensure service levels and commercial arrangements are maintained for a range of clients within the guidelines set by the key account managers and waste contracts
Independently investigating and resolving waste management complaints to ensure SLAs are met
Managing fluctuating workloads via Microsoft Outlook using multiple shared mail boxes
Communicating confidently with a range of suppliers and clients to ensure relevant data is collected by month end
Supporting the accounts payable department to resolve any invoicing queries
Adopting a flexible ethos to work duties in order to maintain high standards of client support
Has excellent customer service and complaint handling skills
Can develop and maintain client and supplier relationships
Become a key player within our Operations Support team
Has a flexible and keen approach to work with a can do attitude’ at all times
Can communicate with people across all levels externally and internally
Is committed to improving their knowledge and skills within the waste industry
Is able to work under pressure to maintain business critical SLAs
Can prioritise and multi-task