Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices.
Mitie has around 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose : our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people : a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers : a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture our core values and how we behave :
1. We are one Mitie : we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust : integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated.
We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile : whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger : we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights.
Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business : we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie Security Ltd are recruiting full time Emergency Response Team (ERT) officers in the Preston area. It is essential that applicants are flexible and are able to cover 12 hour shifts at various sites in Lancashire and are medically / physically fit.
Access to own transport is essential
Actively respond to an emergency such as an uncontrolled fire or release of potentially harmful substances to protect lives, property and environment.
Fire incidents and medical response to protect lives.
Provide emergency medical care until the arrival of external emergency services
Maintain all emergency equipment in a state of readiness, including cleanliness, repairing and testing as required to approved standards and procedures to undertake safety checks on emergency equipment provided for ERT use
Take part in continuous training and learning programmes by attending lectures, exercises, simulated incidents, practice drill sessions, security duties and other training associated with the role
Tobe a point of contact for visitors, employees and contractors attending site
Flexible in terms of hours and shifts, available to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, public holidays and weekends either on a set shift pattern or on a relief basis, usually working a minimum of 42 average hours per week in line with business demands
Be able to work days, nights / weekends and to cover holidays / sickness leave as and when required.
Other duties as required by the client.
Pass the fire and rescue medical / fitness tests and maintain a level of personal fitness necessary to carry out all the duties of an Emergency Response Team member
Pass all required security and background checks, including previous 5-year employment history
The role will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Professional approach courteous and professional, take pride in their personal appearance
Frontline SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence (desirable)
Hold Full car Driving Licence, (Category C / LGV Licence desirable)
Hold an in-date First Aid at Work qualification (desirable)
Hold a British Approvals For Fire Equipment (fire extinguisher) qualification (desirable)
Experience in Fire & Rescue service / Emergency Response Teams (desirable)
Have excellent work ethic, reliable and be able to work as part of a team or independently
Computer literate (basic)
Pass all required associated courses, to become an Emergency Response Team Officer
Committed to on-going training and development