You don’t need to go to university to kickstart your career!
Do you want to be learning whilst you are learning and keeping up to date with the latest technology?
By choosing Primary Goal as your training provider not only will you be learning whilst you're earning you will also be keeping up to date with the latest technology. At the same time, CompTIA learning content is at the heart of our delivery, we will provide you with the knowledge for your Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship. By using uCertify practice, learn and labs provided to you as part of your apprenticeship, you'll be able to prepare yourselves for the following exams:
- CompTIA A + (Exam 1 and 2)
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials +
We are recruiting on behalf of Computeam where you will gain valuable experience as a Level 3 Information Communications Technician, following the Support Technician pathway. We pride ourselves on the support we give our apprentices, you won’t be left on your own to figure things out, we will support you throughout your apprenticeship journey together with your employer!
About the company:
The use of technology in schools is essential to inspiring and educating this generation of learners.
Computeam provides a comprehensive set of IT products and services to ensure your school or MAT improves educational outcomes through technology.
They connect users to their applications and data, whether in school or at home. They make these connections fast, reliable and easy to manage. They make remote learning streamlined, as well as making classroom learning more engaging.
What you will be doing:
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support– diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools.
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
- Social media and website updates
- Supporting staff to implement new technologies in the workplace
- Working with a range of technology hardware -Android, Windows, Mac
- Supporting software development and implementation
- Supporting the use of database systems and Content Management Software
- Use of a ticketing system for task allocation/monitoring
Support Technician Duties:
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras.
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
The training you'll be provided with:
- Comprehensive introductory modules including technical introduction and personal/ professional development
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard
- Training for all pathways of your IT career (support technician, network technician, digital communications technician)
- Specialising in a portfolio of evidence for the Support Technician pathway
- e-learning training materials
- Bi-weekly virtual classroom training on the CompTIA vendor qualifications
- Access to uCertify training platform; core learning materials, assessments, and practical hands-on-labs
- Monthly work-based coaches visits and competency checks
- 9 am – 5 pm Support desk for technical support
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
Monday to Friday 40 hours per week. Working pattern to be confirmed.
£11,024 for the first 12 months. The remaining 10 months of the apprenticeship will be paid at the National Minimum Wage according to your age.
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
18 months and 4 Months End Point Assessment
Where a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your networking career. On passing your Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain professional recognition for the Register of IT Technician (RITTech).
We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
PLEASE NOTE that we will require a copy of your personal CV.
When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.
Powered by JazzHR