Oracle Belfast is focused on helping the world’s premier brands maximize the success of their online businesses. The Oracle Commerce application suite is the top-rated platform by industry analysts for powering highly personalised, efficient and effective e-commerce systems. In addition, our newly launched Oracle Commerce Cloud Service seeks to bring many of those same advantages and more to the Cloud.
As an Automation Engineer joining our Commerce Cloud team you will be working on accelerating our product delivery and helping build quality into our products right from feature inception. This will give you the opportunity to have a highly influential role on feature design, implementation, testing, and delivery, building systems to validate that functionality automatically. Our products are large scale aimed primarily at the enterprise, and as such the work will be very technically challenging. The role involves:
· Build automated test to exercise different aspects of our multi-layer enterprise e-commerce platform and cloud applications
· Participate in designing and implementing enhancements to our test running framework
· Work with development and functional testers to automate testing
· Conduct research on new automation tools and approaches
· Analyze and decompose complex technical specifications to design and implement an automated testing approach
· Analyze complex production environment issues and design automated tests for future validation,
· Setup and configure real world production-like environments to validate software integration points,
· Analyze code coverage reports and implement new code to cover untested areas of product
· 3-5 years Java development experience (or other object oriented language)
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Experience with multi-layer enterprise application
· Experience using bug tracking, test case management systems, and source control systems
· Experience designing and implementing automated Java based system and/or unit tests
· Must be a strong team player, detail oriented, self-motivated and perform well under pressure
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills
· Working knowledge on a variety of platforms including UNIX and Window
· Experience in SQL and Relational Database, working knowledge in at least one major RDBMS vendor (MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL)
· All applicants must be legally able to work in UK and the job holder needs to be located in Northern Ireland
Wide familiarity across enterprise databases, application servers, and web servers including: -
· Windows based operating systems
· Unix/Linux based operating systems
· Installation and configuration of n-tier components
· Sound database skills including SQL
Experience with the following types of web applications:
· Content/version management
· Knowledge sharing
· Service centre applications
· SAAS applications
· Experience with Web Logic Application Server
· Experience as a member of a scrum team is a plus
· Experience with Geb, Groovy and Spock is a plus
· Experience with REST API testing is a plus
The job demands a capacity for sustained work so that all the necessary phases from specification through to implementation can be completed within a demanding time frame. Although the job is based in Belfast, there may be opportunity for some travel to other locations or customer sites.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).