Situated in North Worcestershire, Redditch Borough Council shares services with its neighbouring authority of Bromsgrove.
focused on improving on delivery services that make a difference to the community that we serve.
Are you calm in a crisis? Would you take control in an emergency situation? Could you deal with a range of emergency calls, enquiries and requests in line with the CCTV, Assistive Technology and Out of Hours Services we provide?
We are looking for bright, customer focused individuals, with a flair for problem solving.
By joining our team you will be making a difference to the safety and security of our residents, including some of the most vulnerable people.
The position will be based within our 24-hour Monitoring Centre at Redditch Town Hall.
If you’d like to work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, where no two days are the same, then this is the team for you!
Knowledge and Experience (Essential)
1. Proven experience of working over telephone to obtain information suitable to assess a situation. (Essential)
2. Experience of handling difficult people or stressful situations. (Essential)
3. Experience of providing excellent customer service and understanding the key principles. (Essential)
4. Knowledge of Community alarm services, Telecare equipment and the appropriate responses to alarm activation.
5. Experience of using CCTV, producing evidence, and knowledge of principal legislation behind it.
6. Experience of instantly assessing and prioritising demands. (Essential)
Qualifications and Professional Memberships (Essential)
1. To hold or be willing to train to become SIA licensed in CCTV operations. This includes a DBS check. (Essential)
2. GCSE Maths and English Grade 4 / C or above (or proof of the ability to perform at this level). (Essential)
Job Specific Skills, Behaviours and Personal Attributes (Essential)
1. Administrative skills - ability to maintain electronic records, write reports using correct grammar, accurately log incidents, file documents and paperwork. (Essential)
2. Look up information, apply instructions and follow procedures. (Essential)
3. Computer literate proficient in word, excel and outlook applications. (Essential)
4. Able to make sense of visual information, assimilating facts, events and colours quickly. (Essential)
5. Ability to empathise with vulnerable people, communicate instructions clearly and offer appropriate assistance. (Essential)
6. Ability to work both unsupervised and as a member of a team. (Essential)
We offer our staff a range of benefits including pension, generous leave entitlements, flexible working (where appropriate) and access to employee benefits platform (salary sacrifice schemes, high street discount etc)
Next steps Need further information? please contact Rachel Nicholls (recruiting manager) email rachel.nicholls bromsgroveandredditch.gov.uk or
If you are interested in applying please use the 'Apply' button
Closing Date for completed applications is 15th August 2022
Interview date is 25th August 2022
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.