Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-
chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose : our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people : a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers : a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture our core values and how we behave :
1. We are one Mitie : we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust : integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated.
We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile : whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger : we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights.
Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business : we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
To undertake cleaning duties and any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
Cover cleaning of sites to cover the holidays and absences allocation of the Cleaning Operatives to ensure that adequate coverage is available and that cleaning standards are not reduced.
Induct and train the Cleaning Operatives as required.
Provide specific training on equipment, cleaning practices and use of chemicals to the cleaning team on sites.
Assist and liaise with the Service Support Manager in the selection of suitable cleaning operatives.
Manage and control the the usage of cleaning materials on site, making sure that the correct cleaning materials are used for the task in-hand.
Carry out checks of all cleaning machinery to make sure that it is in a safe working condition and reporting any faults.
Report all accidents and / or potential hazards to the LifeLine and relevant management and update appropriate records as necessary.
Monitor the standard of work of the Cleaning Services Team using the QAudit system
Attend appropriate training sessions to update knowledge of cleaning equipment, materials and company procedures.
Must have driving licence as job utilses a van to visit multiple sites throughout the area
Have a flexible approach to the role.
Proven Customer Focus and Service Skills.
The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
Able to work from own initiative.
Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
Excellent Time Management Skills.
Good Communication skills