Wax Dimensional Inspector - LPC-T / 816 US - OR - Portland Job Description MISSION : To assure in-process visual and dimensional quality of all wax components.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES : 1. Visual Inspection. Objective : to identify surface defects and flaws in wax components and tools.
A. Visually inspects wax patterns prior to cleaning, soluble cores, developmental and prototype assemblies, and tools for surface defects and flaws.
B. Uses a variety of hand tools to assist in visual inspect. 2. Dimensional Measurement. Objective : to assure dimensional integrity.
Typical Activities : A. Inspects components using height gauges, micrometers, calipers, ultrasound and other dimensional measuring devices.
B. Performs Statistical Process Control calculations using pre-established formulas to determine if dimensions are within acceptable ranges or if process is in control.
3. Engineering Support. Objective : to work with and prepare reports for use by engineers in addressing product quality issues.
Typical Activities : A. Works with engineers to establish and test inspection techniques. B. Works with engineers to identify and resolve problems of surface and dimensional defects.
C. Enters dimensional data into computer for engineering purposes. D. Prepares reports and information on dimensional issues as needed.
4. Completes a variety of logs and records. 5. May train less skilled personnel as assigned. 6. Performs other tasks as assigned.
TRAINING : 1. Training is provided on the job. 2. Wax Dimensional Inspector Courses. 3. Wax Dimensional Inspector Certification.
4. Statistical Process Control Training. QUALIFICATIONS : 1. Working knowledge of dimensional tools and basic dimensional inspection techniques as demonstrated by one year of competently performing Wax Molding, or Assembly Inspector.
OR An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience. 2. Ability to perform wax dimensional inspection applying proper techniques.
3. Ability to read precision hand tools. 4. Familiarity with all common dimensional inspection tools including go / no gauges, micrometers, height gauges, calipers and pi tapes is preferred.
5. Familiarity with surface plate inspection setups. 6. Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards, blueprints, and drawings.
7. Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision. 8. 23 / 30 correctable vision, and satisfactory passage of depth perception and color visions tests.
9. Ability to lift and / or maneuver objects weighing thirty to sixty pounds and occasionally up to seventy pounds. 10. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include operating in physically awkward positions for extended periods of time, exposure to noise, dust, chemicals and other elements.