Shift Supervisor – Noble Metals Red Area
Johnson Matthey
Royston UK
13d ago

Vacancy : Shift Supervisor

Location : Royston

We are currently looking for a Red Area Shift Supervisor to be responsible for providing supervision to the shift team and to schedule daily allocation and monitoring of work.

This will be a working role where the successful candidate will be expected to work 60% on production for around with the remaining 40% spent on scheduling, controlling consumables and carrying out EHS / Lean improvements.

This role will require the incumbent to be able to lift and move weights up to 20kg and will include manipulation of tools.

Key responsibilities

  • Responsible for the health and safety performance of the area
  • Identify areas for improvement, suggesting projects using lean tools and techniques
  • Assist in compiling and implementing training documents
  • Ensure operating procedures are accurate, up to date and being followed
  • Report maintenance issues, liaise with maintenance to organise work and order spare parts as necessary
  • Ensure that the team understand and follow the quality system
  • Allocate work to individuals to ensure that the area operates at optimum efficiency
  • Are you the ideal candidate?

    You will have :

  • A good standard of education including 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
  • Vocational qualification in a technical discipline or relevant experience working in a manufacturing processing environment
  • Good written and verbal communication skills
  • Fair understanding of software packages including MS Word and Excel
  • Ability to build strong relationships at all levels
  • Team player who possesses a practical mechanical aptitude
  • High level of health and safety performance with increased focus on process safety
  • Excellent attention to detail
  • How to apply :

    Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.

    Candidate applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis

    Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.

    Apply
    Add to favorites
    Remove from favorites
    Apply
    My Email
    By clicking on "Continue", I give neuvoo consent to process my data and to send me email alerts, as detailed in neuvoo's Privacy Policy . I may withdraw my consent or unsubscribe at any time.
    Continue
    Application form