Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Nuclear is recruiting for a Project Engineer (Electrical) to work on site at Heysham. The PMR team within the Wood Nuclear business is looking for a skilled and experienced Project Engineer to join our team supporting our key client EDF, and Nuclear Reactors at their UK plants, on our long term framework.
from our home office in Knutsford, the client head office at Barnwood and at various plants around the UK. You will be part of a large client lead team at the Heysham Power Station, supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio.
Project Engineers will support either Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the Project Manager or Construction
Manager in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion. No direct reports.
The project engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below :
1. Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
2. Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
3. Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager.
4. Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
5. Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
6. Review documentation including contractor’s documents and drawings.
7. Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
8. Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
9. Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
Carry out duties of APSA when required.
10. Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
11. Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
12. Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
13. Perform the duties of a field supervisor as required.
14. Perform the duties of a nominated supervisor as required.
Skills / Qualifications
1. Typically degree educated; Electrical Engineering / Technical discipline. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
2. APMP formal project management qualification preferred but not essential.
3. Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
4. Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
5. Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
6. Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and
7. Mobility when required (within UK - full driving license).
8. Suitable relevant project experience within engineering / construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
9. Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities.
10. Experience of supervising and setting contractors / sub contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets.
We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors.
We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-
exhaustive list) : race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!