People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours.
It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation.
Bringing words like hard work and dedication together with community and respect has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together.
We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
GLFI (Global Finance) provide our issuer clients (Corporates, financial institutions, public sector) with capital raising solutions, along with structured financing and commodities, forex and interest rate hedging.
GLFI develop tailor-made products and providing strategic advice (capital structure advisory, financing schemes and capital markets) based on its worldwide expertise and in-
depth sectorial knowledge. SG is a top player across euro debt capital markets and won many international accolades over the years as a worldwide leader in export, project and natural resources & energy finance.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
1. GLFI Platform : GLFI UK, GLFI business lines concerned
2. KYC New On Boarding requests
3. KYC One-off approvals
4. Pre-KYC checks (search on internet the existence of negative news on counterparties involved in GLFI transactions)
5. Pre-KYC requests
Summary of responsibilities
GLFI Front Officer Support should be experts helping GLFI Front Office in his day to day work - especially with regard to the KYC On-
Boarding (OB) Process / Chain.
As such, she / he is :
1. Facilitator of the KYC On Boarding Process from start to end for the GLFI teams, she / he is working with :
o Owner of the data quality of information in the KYC workflow
o Coordinates the whole process (has a 360 view)
Participate to Ad hoc meetings with Compliance (on very sensitive / urgent deals)
o Accountable of the KYC On Boarding Due date
o Accountable of the KYC prioritization of on-going and future KYC On Boarding requests on his scope of responsibility
2. In particular, in order to simplify the process by removing unnecessary layers, she / he is in charge of :
o Prioritization of all on-going and future KYC on-boarding requests within her / his perimeter
o Identifying main OPER contacts (OBU and KYC Analysts) and presenting them the transaction / context
o Initiating 1st step in the KYC on boarding workflow tool as soon as deadline is known and / or the documents received from the counterparty
o Documents preparation & control
o Client outreach
o Documentation quality and certification
o Coordination / Facilitation of the whole process (cf. 1)
3. In charge of monitoring performance and leading continuous improvement actions
4. Responsible to maintain Client Contact Database for FO accountable / FO responsible and external client contact for KYC
5. KYC Reviews contact point, in order to help GLFI FO collecting the client KYC and Regulatory documentation (in case no client outreach defined among operational team)
6. Participating to all relevant trainings and ensuring exchanges of good practices with other case leads inside and outside of GLFI
7. Additional punctual topics
Technical skills :
1. Good knowledge and understanding of the specific stakes of each business lines of GLFI (collocation with the business) regarding business development and thus the particular needs related to on-
boarding & customer data management
2. Knowledge and good understanding of the external environment (industry, market practice, external providers )
3. Good knowledge / expertise of business processes :
a. AML category and business activity (main triggers for the Doc List generation)
c. Regulatory controls (Tax, Mifid, EMIR, DFA )
d. Contracts types (mainly for ABP)
Soft skills :
1. Rigor, dynamism, autonomy
2. Client oriented / Capacity to interact at any levels with the Client / Ability to place client’s interest at the heart of actions
3. Cooperation, ability to work with multiples interlocutors of different levels / backgrounds and from various business units (compliance, B / L, external clients, KYC analysts, off shore team )
4. Strongly results oriented and problem solver
5. Priority management capacity / Intellectual rigor regarding the follow up of priorities and files
6. Negotiation skills conviction