We are currently building a Talent Bank for Customer Service Assistants to work at Penrith Station.
Here are just some of the duties you'll be expected to complete as part of your role :
1. Provide pro-active assistance, information and guidance to all T.O.C's customers. Meet passengers throughout the station, platforms, concourse and all public areas.
2. Such assistance must include seeking out customers with particular travel requirements (e.g. severed connections or help with routine platform interchange), taking the initiative in solving problems and providing reassurance.
3. Provide clear and precise announcements for all train services and other Station announcements. Maintain and update the Customer Information System.
Provide out of course train running information to all station personnel.
4. To be well presented, wear uniforms maintained in good order (including name badges) and trained to have a thorough knowledge of all T.O.C's services and products.
5. Assist in ensuring the Station environment is maintained to a high standard of presentation throughout the day.
6. Maintenance of safe working practices including COSHH, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
7. Take the initiative in assisting inconvenienced customers with revised travel information, forwarding messages and providing access to telephones as appropriate.
Every effort must be made to deal with each customers individual requirements to a conclusion.
8. To remain on duty in the event of late evening disruption to deal with all outstanding services and customers to a conclusion.
9. To deal with all lost property and associated enquiries to a conclusion.
10. Book on and off duty at times as laid down on the Roster.
Being A Great Team Player, Delivering Beyond Basics, Passionate & Committed, Problem solving and decision making